Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
Help! A Free Time Problem!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AngelKeeper2k1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:19 am
After installing Free Time I was able to play it, and it played perfectly, but now that I've tried to start the game back up an error comes up.

User Image

Anybody know how to fix this?

Edit: Problem solved!

And for those experiencing the same problems, use this. -> Online Help Answer (TheSims2.com)

-It fixed with the 'disable compatibility mode'.-
No longer true, only helped once. crying  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:45 am
-Update-

I just tried to uninstall and reinstall, but it continues with the same error. The disk is clean, it's new (Has no scratches what-so-ever) so I have no idea why it's doing this. None of my other EP's have ever done this with me before. crying  

AngelKeeper2k1

jmsdarlin623

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:05 pm
Uhh... Hm. Wow. I've never seen this before... and you say reinstalling doesn't help...

Is this the latest ep that you have? because if you have an ep that was released after... you use that disc...

I have no idea why it would be saying that... maybe uninstall the sims all together and reinstall everything... it's tedious work, and annoying... but that's all i can think of...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:44 pm
I'm having the same problem and i'v tried everything short of bringing it to the geek squad to get it fixed. I'd love some suggestions for things to try to get stupid free time off my comptuer. My freetime issue is alos that i uninstalled it but some of it remained and keeps crashing my game after 2 or 3 minutes. How do i get free time off?  

bighairy dog

AngelKeeper2k1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:54 pm
jms: I doubt it would work because I've had everything up to Pets installed for a month and it's been working perfectly. It wasn't until Free Time was installed that I began having this problem. And of course I don't have anything after Free Time. sad

bighairy dog: sad That sucks. If I find out anything on my own, I'll be sure to PM you.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games