Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fall Out Boy/The Guild
Anybody notice the over-simplified guitar riffs?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Kings Royal Baker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:07 pm
I noticed recently that in Folie A Deux, the guitar parts are extremely simple. They sound great, don't get me wrong, and Joe and Patrick are good guitarists, but what's with the simplicity? In their albums past, they had semi-complicated riffs, but these ones are a few powerchords and a note here and there. I've heard most of the songs off of the album, and so far I've had no problem learning the meat of the song within a few minutes.

Like I said, it sounds great, absolutely some of their best work without a question. Maybe they owe this to the more simplified approach? Or am I just an over-analyzing guitarist?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:20 pm
i agree, they are a bit simple, but i think its still really good ^.^  

FOBismymusic333

Divine Nymph

DaziLi

Dulcet Bloodsucker

17,925 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:41 am
I think you're just overanalyzing, babe, the guitars sound the same to me as they always have. But then, to be frank, I've never really listened to Fall Out Boy for the guitars. Perhaps I need to sit and have a listen just to Joe sometime, I get the impression I'm paying way too much attention to Patrick's voice.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:27 am
DaziLi
I think you're just overanalyzing, babe, the guitars sound the same to me as they always have. But then, to be frank, I've never really listened to Fall Out Boy for the guitars. Perhaps I need to sit and have a listen just to Joe sometime, I get the impression I'm paying way too much attention to Patrick's voice.

Well I mean it's damn hard not to pay attention to Patrick's voice.
It's like a mixture between Fergie and Jesus.

AshIsAwesome

Partying Tactician

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Partygoer 500
Fall Out Boy/The Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items