Submit

hey
  hi!!
View Results

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:28 am
There are people from all over in this guild! ^_^
What are some december holidays that you may have that others may not?

~I would add something but nothing is coming to mind.
If you guys like...also add some holidays that you heard of even if its not something you celebrate or do!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:38 am
I don't celebrate it, but there is Hanukkah  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:18 pm
hmmnn..... not very many English ones that Ameircans don't celebrate. Probably just these:

*Bonfire night (5th November)
*Rememberance Sunday (the sunday of the week of 11th November)
*St George's day (23rd April)
*Queen's birthdays:
-21st April
-17th June ('official birthday')

--> the last 3 are rarely ever celebrated properly ><

anyway I can't think of any in december sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:53 pm
well in PR we celebrate the same ones as in the US the only different one would be the 3 King Day which is one January 6th  

Prince Seiko

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:10 pm
3 king day? that sounds cool  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:27 pm
dragontamer363
3 king day? that sounds cool

is in representation of the 3 holy kings that went to visit Jesus with gifts when he was born click here for more elaborated info XD  

Prince Seiko

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:03 am
What does everyone do on Bonfire knight?
Same for 3 Kings day. ^_^ That does sound really cool.

@Moon
Hanukkah!! Oh yeah thats one!!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:20 am
Saint Lucy's Day is the Church feast day dedicated to St. Lucy and is observed on December 13. Every year a girl gets elected to be Lucia and then she and her choir sings in the churches and all around the town.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. It's a Lucia bun it taste quite good. Named after Lucia . Made of saffron and other stuff

(Hope you loved it ^^)  

Yllirion

Funem

Sparkly Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:21 pm
that pic looks pretty of the St Lucy day thing but, for some odd reason *cocks head to the side* it reminds me of Harry Potter. I think its the hats. Not sure. Then again, i'm jacked up on sugar, so, my perception of things is way off. I just downloaded Taylor Swift and Chad Kroger for saint's sake.

anywho, in my house, we just do Christmas, but, its not like typical christmases. Instead of the whole free for all on the gifts and a big breakfast or whatever, we get up, the first person up makes breakfast (usually cinn. buns or muffins or something) and leaves it on the stove and announces as each person gets up, "Breakfast is on the stove, grab it if you're hungry."

We grab one each or whatever *i usually skip* and we sit in the living room waiting for my dad to get up. He is usually the last one to get up and when he comes into the living room, he sits in His Chair and picks up the closest present. He puts this weird code on them so no one knows who gets them but him.

When he hands you a gift, you sit there and stare at it, hoping that it's a present that you can use and not another one of his pranks.

We don't need April Fools Day because we have christmas.

One year, I was in 6 or 7th grade, he gave me a thong stuffed in a jewelry case from Zales. I have yet to beat that >_<;;; I've tried, but, no success. BLAAAAH!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:30 pm
Those saint lucy buns look like...-ahem-
I obviously have a dirty mind.

moving on...

Moonlight_HuangHou
What does everyone do on Bonfire knight?

Mainly set up a big bonfire, gatehr around it and wtach fireowrks. sometimes you'll set fire to a dummy of guy fawkes. usually you eat toffee apples,roasted chesnuts and bonfire toffee :3  

dragontamer363
Crew

Prince Seiko

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:56 pm
Edit: (found much better explanation than the one I wrote a bit ago xd )

Christianity celebrates the Magi on the day of Epiphany, January 6, the last of the twelve days of Christmas, particularly in the Spanish-speaking parts of the world. In these Spanish-speaking areas, the three kings (Sp. "los Reyes Magos de Oriente", also "Los Tres Reyes Magos") receive wish letters from children and magically bring them gifts on the night before Epiphany. According to the tradition, the Magi come from the Orient on their camels to visit the houses of all the children; much like Santa Claus with his reindeer, they visit everyone in one night. In some areas, children prepare a drink for each of the Magi, it is also traditional to prepare food and drink for the camels, because this is the only night of the year when they eat.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:06 am
Well that is the reason why boys don't want to be in the choir and they are suppose to be star boys (*laughing* ) they are attendant to the Lucia.
and DT I have no idea of what you think it looks like. *Looks at the picture* Ok I might get a clue. But luckily they come in different shapes ^^
like this one
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The story of this day is of Lucia that came from a rich family in Italy. Her father dies when she was young and then she get raised by her mother*press forward*
Anyway she was going to get married away and she prayed to God that she didn't want to. Her mother gets very sick and then they go to a saint that appears in front of her and tell her that her faith to god will be rewarded. Her mother gets better and Lucia beg her mother to not marry her away. The man that she was going to marry gets angry and report Lucia to Diocletianus. She got tortured and after many tortures she was going to be a girl in the whore house. In her way many things happened and they threw hot oil on her and then they cut on her throath and carved her eyes out. they even stabbed her many times and never gave her faith on god.
I'm a bad narrator sweatdrop  

Yllirion

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:39 pm
Prince Seiko
Edit: (found much better explanation than the one I wrote a bit ago xd )

Christianity celebrates the Magi on the day of Epiphany, January 6, the last of the twelve days of Christmas, particularly in the Spanish-speaking parts of the world. In these Spanish-speaking areas, the three kings (Sp. "los Reyes Magos de Oriente", also "Los Tres Reyes Magos") receive wish letters from children and magically bring them gifts on the night before Epiphany. According to the tradition, the Magi come from the Orient on their camels to visit the houses of all the children; much like Santa Claus with his reindeer, they visit everyone in one night. In some areas, children prepare a drink for each of the Magi, it is also traditional to prepare food and drink for the camels, because this is the only night of the year when they eat.

Cool smile
Which reminds me, I really need to learn Spanish again, it's such a nice langauge.
Pity i'm crap at languages....
bah! I will learn! *determind superman pose*
Seriously, when English is your first langauge you get so linguistically lazy...

Quote:

The story of this day is of Lucia that came from a rich family in Italy. Her father dies when she was young and then she get raised by her mother*press forward*
Anyway she was going to get married away and she prayed to God that she didn't want to. Her mother gets very sick and then they go to a saint that appears in front of her and tell her that her faith to god will be rewarded. Her mother gets better and Lucia beg her mother to not marry her away. The man that she was going to marry gets angry and report Lucia to Diocletianus. She got tortured and after many tortures she was going to be a girl in the whore house. In her way many things happened and they threw hot oil on her and then they cut on her throath and carved her eyes out. they even stabbed her many times and never gave her faith on god.
I'm a bad narrator

Ouch. Saints never have much of a good time do they? haha

Yes that's a much more child-friendly bun :3  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas