Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Winter Wonder Land Christmas Event
Holiday Sharing

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tilbear
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:59 pm
Come on in and share with LOH one (or more) of your special holiday traditions.

A recipe that says "oh yeah I love the holidays" when you think of it.
A crazy thing only your family may do.
Fun holiday craft ideas (some people have kids) that we can make.
Your favorite Holiday Movie.
And lastly... The BEST and WORST present you have ever received.

This is a just for the fun of it thread, but I will give 1000 gold to the best share of 2008!

Happy Holidays my friends, may you all have a safe and happy one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:49 pm
My holiday plan is to spend 1 week at my friends house and stay up three days playing games sleep 1 day and then begin again and sleep all christmas eve and then we head to my house for my christmas and then his house for his. Good time.  

Dameon the -V-

Zhadgon

Dapper Perfectionist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:36 pm
Mmm... Stay with my family and play with my cousins maybe play videogames and go to a parties from my friends. Not much fun but at least is something XP.
.n_n.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:52 pm
we're celebrating christmas on sunday this year (winter solstice). i only know that we are going to be watching kung fu panda, because my sister's husband got it for their son. my other sister is coming in on tuesday, so we'll have some fun doing.....something confused idk.....i'm not really a fan of christmas, every year has given me nothing but failure and disappointment. ^___^;;;

for movies, i love the classic animatronic ones *rankin & bass* as well as the films, like white christmas, miracle on 34th street, it's a wonderful life, etc. etc. i'm not a fan of the re-make of them though.

the best gift i ever got.....erm...erm....hmm. i dunno. gonk OH! this stuffed fox that my ex-husband gave me. it was/is adorable, but he's packed away so i don't think about that dickface. >.<

the worst gift i ever got was....you name it, i prolly got it. i come from a family of 4 other siblings, and i'm the youngest. so you can imagine that either i got the best *for being the youngest* or the very worst *for being #5 in line to get gifts* well, i get the worst. i'm always being forgotten, so often i didn't even GET a gift. -sighs- so when my brother got a nintendo console, i got a pair of socks. when my sister got the my little pony dance studio mega-cool awesome playset and 5 new ponies, i got a candy cane sweatdrop and no, i'm not making this up or exaggerating this. *mutters* and people wonder why i hate christmas.  

thyne beauty of disaster

Ice-Cold Wolf

14,025 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:14 pm
A crazy thing only your family may do. On Christmas we leave out milk and cookies for santa claus. Gift rapping is almost always put off until the last minute. So the night before Christmas. Is my parents closed off in one room. Stressed about how much time they have before christmas rapping presents. Christmas Day isn't always the same. Last year we went up to my Grandmas house (on my dads side). And there was a rather large gathering of people there. See, I have eight....I'm pretty sure that's the number aunts and uncles. So the place is always full of people. And my grandmother still plans a party for them. Everyone brings whatever dish they want to the place. And there is always at least one person there to help her prepare something as well. It's a rather unique experience. We then go to my grandmother on my moms side. Yes, I'm lucky to have two grandmothers in there 80's still around. Normally we have Christmas at her house. But last year we had Christmas at my cousin's house. He had moved into a new house not long before that. And there were quite a few people that wanted to see the new house. I was just there for the free food and company.

Your favorite Holiday Movie. I really don't have a favorite but I'm not above watching the classics like Rudolph the red nosed Reindeer. Though I don't give the newer ones as much of a chance. If it's lame I just turn the channel.

A Sega Genesis and a number of games. Christmas of 1994 was the best present I ever received.

The worst present of all time. Every present I really didn't care for at the time that I got it. Turned out to be one of my most used presents. Like a sweater. I'm sure pretty much everyone can relate. Clothes are practical but when you get them. You are slightly disappointed then end up using them quite a bit. As I got older I saw the use of these presents. And came to appreciate them for what they were. A very useful gift that will outlast most of the other presents. I think this sweater I'm wearing now is from one or more Christmases ago.

All those that finished reading all of that. Go treat yourself to a cup of hot coco or something warm. I'm sure just about everyone enjoys a cup around this time of year. Or any time, we just don't think about it as much.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:16 am
LanceCalvis
A crazy thing only your family may do. On Christmas we leave out milk and cookies for santa claus. Gift rapping is almost always put off until the last minute. So the night before Christmas. Is my parents closed off in one room. Stressed about how much time they have before christmas rapping presents. Christmas Day isn't always the same. Last year we went up to my Grandmas house (on my dads side). And there was a rather large gathering of people there. See, I have eight....I'm pretty sure that's the number aunts and uncles. So the place is always full of people. And my grandmother still plans a party for them. Everyone brings whatever dish they want to the place. And there is always at least one person there to help her prepare something as well. It's a rather unique experience. We then go to my grandmother on my moms side. Yes, I'm lucky to have two grandmothers in there 80's still around. Normally we have Christmas at her house. But last year we had Christmas at my cousin's house. He had moved into a new house not long before that. And there were quite a few people that wanted to see the new house. I was just there for the free food and company.

Your favorite Holiday Movie. I really don't have a favorite but I'm not above watching the classics like Rudolph the red nosed Reindeer. Though I don't give the newer ones as much of a chance. If it's lame I just turn the channel.

A Sega Genesis and a number of games. Christmas of 1994 was the best present I ever received.

The worst present of all time. Every present I really didn't care for at the time that I got it. Turned out to be one of my most used presents. Like a sweater. I'm sure pretty much everyone can relate. Clothes are practical but when you get them. You are slightly disappointed then end up using them quite a bit. As I got older I saw the use of these presents. And came to appreciate them for what they were. A very useful gift that will outlast most of the other presents. I think this sweater I'm wearing now is from one or more Christmases ago.

All those that finished reading all of that. Go treat yourself to a cup of hot coco or something warm. I'm sure just about everyone enjoys a cup around this time of year. Or any time, we just don't think about it as much.

Too correct you on a few things we have 7 aunts and uncles LOL. The system you mentioned was given to us on Christmas of 1992 and not 94 like you said. I know this cause I was always raving about how we got it on the second year the Genesis was out.

It came out in 1991 and we got the thing the next year Christmas of 1992 good times for sure 3nodding . I know this cause the games we got where Tazmania, Terminator 2 and Sonic 1, which where new at the time.

Now for my personal take on the holiday

"oh boy here he goes"

two words

GUM DROP COOKIES biggrin  

Agamum

Newbie Genius

Sweetgins Destiny

5,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:02 pm
My whole family goes cookie crazy during the holidays. We are usually big gift givers to, but since we are all poor this year we are going to draw names.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:33 am
=O well, my birthday is a christmas tradition ;D since it is so very close to christmas ^3^) i plan on eating home-made chocolate cake and pizza while watching The Dark Knight 2 *3*) <3 and also chatting it up with my bf >3< (he mailed me off a present and i cant wait to get it so i can see what it isssss D8 <3333)

>,o) hm...a recipe...? O_o choco-cake? *3*) i think that makes me happy all year round, but perhaps super thick coco? with extra chocolate and marshmallows? =OOOO <3
>,o) umm...my families always crazy sooo lol XDDD
^3^) i like watching "A Christmas Story" around christmas <3 since its a good movie and also makes my stupid city look wonderful <3 I just cant believe they made it in Cleveland O_o it doesnt even LOOK like that anymore. ;3; so sad. ;_;
=O um best present....>>? Well, this year has to be the best! cause i gots me monies and im gonna get a gift from my bf and also buy myself a tablet!!!!
worst present: backpack. >_____________>;;;;;;;;;

AA K I R A HH

The_Last_Avenger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:49 pm
~sighs~ well...my christmas isn't too special, but I like it all the same. It's just my family at home, and all our gifts from relatives have arrived a few days previous. we open 1 present the night before (ALWAYS pajamas lol)
and then we go to bed. I usually get up first on this special day, and guard the presents from the young ones in the house. then when everyone is awake we have breakfast together and open our presents. I guess my holiday is more about quality time with family then anything. we don't go anywhere or do anything special, but I wouldn't wish to change it at all.

a recipe...hmm...well there's eggnog fudge and eggnog custard pie...but I don't currently have the recipe's for them. (I'll see about finding them)  
Winter Wonder Land Christmas Event

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games