Reply Chatterbox/Humor
It ******** snowed in Louisiana

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:34 am
So here I am reading a book at like 4am. Then I listen to some music before I want to sleep. I hear my phone vibrating and pick it up and get:

"Hey man, it's ******** snowing outside."

So I jump from my bed and run to the door and it's snowing. Needless to say I put on my warm clothes and had myself a snowy adventure. But man, it was like... magical. Not just some panst little five minute "hm, that's neat" thing. It was like two hours of actual snow. Pictures will follow, but I'm tired and have work later today, so that will be a little later.

mrgreen

EDIT: News article on awesome phenomenon: http://news.aol.com/article/rare-snow-coats-louisiana-mississippi/274887?icid=200100397x1214710596x1200988198

Yeah, I knwo for a lot of you guys snow is an every year, several times a year thing. But over here the seasons are like Summer - really hot, Fall - hot, Spring - hot, Winter - cool-warm.

Snow in any real amount is darn near unheard of.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:11 am
It's really that abnormal?  

OberFeldwebel

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:48 am
In canada it would probably get you ion an aylum. But considering where you are it is ACCEPTABLE.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:15 am
User Image

It doesn't snow here.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:22 pm
It snowed In Houston as well. let me put it this way, in the 17 years of my life of living in the same house, with the exception of some very light flurries that didn't even stick I have never seen snow. And those flurries were north of Dallas.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:15 pm
It snowed in Orange County, Commiefornia a few years ago, even if it was only for a few minutes...  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:37 pm
It snows here.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:26 pm
its -8 and forcasting -30 this weekend, and theres four inches of snow on the ground here.

rolleyes Mael is not impressed.  

Maelthra Reloaded

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:53 pm
Maelthra Reloaded
its -8 and forcasting -30 this weekend, and theres four inches of snow on the ground here.

Want to trade? I'm ******** burning up over here.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:06 pm
you seriously want -30*C? fawk thats so cold your fingers freeze to steel through insulated gloves.  

Maelthra Reloaded

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:26 pm
Maelthra Reloaded

rolleyes Mael hasn't lived in Southern United States all of his life  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:55 pm
I'm perfectly happy where I am. I'd take an Arizona summer over an Alaska winter ANY DAY.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:19 am
All I got here was a lot of rain. I really want some snow for canada goose hunting.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:16 pm
SBBuckner
It snowed in Orange County, Commiefornia a few years ago, even if it was only for a few minutes...
Happened up in Sacramento once, too, but it was more like falling ice (NOT HAIL, just falling ice) that melted the moment it hit the ground. But once I had a friend who's lawn was covered in a quarter-inch of snow.

What part of the O.C. do you live in, anyways? My grandpa's in Huntington Beach.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:10 pm
Maelthra Reloaded
you seriously want -30*C? fawk thats so cold your fingers freeze to steel through insulated gloves.

I am serious.

I want it so cold that, if I walk into my fridge I'll go, "It's nice and warm in here."  
Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games