Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Anime Movies and Manga titles.
Akira

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you praise Akira?
  Yes.
  No.
  Discipline!...Discipline!!.....DISCIPLINE!!!!
View Results

Errazuriz

Dangerous Dabbler

6,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:30 pm
Umm..yea, so I was bored so I decided to see how many people even knew what "Akira" is and if you do know how you felt about it. Usually I dont take kindly to random comments that try to bash whatever is being talked about, but from the people I've talked to, its a primary consensus that that movie/manga was confusing and even disturbing at times. So this thread is free discussion as far as Im concerned. Although, If you are going to bash, I asked that you at least know what it is, and are bashing it off of the basis of something remotley intelligent. If you dont know what I mean when I say that, then you probably shouldn't post in this thread, k.

And.........................GO!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:13 pm
I own this movie but I haven't watched it in years. I should probably rewatch it. Anyway, I thought it was awesome (which is why I bought it in the first place). Although the story is a bit confusing, it will probably make more and more sense the more I watch it. The characters are cool, the animation is pretty different, and the story, while weird, is definitely interesting.  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

WillWintter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:26 pm
It makes more sense the more you watch it.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:21 pm
I think it's funny how much I love this movie even though it's older than I am. The way I first heard about it is when the guy at guitar center saw my last name and was like "Did you watch the movie Akira? The name sounds like Kaneda." and I was like sorry no, but then he got me curious so I searched it up on wikipedia. I found out it was an anime and was like "oh cool." so I put it on my netflix queqe smile
at first I didn't know that the movie was made in 1988 so I was wondering why the clothes were all--not weird--just different.
But even with the really puffy sleeves and oddly patterned shorts, I love the whole story.

I also was watching it dubbed. has anyone else noticed how the main character in a lot of animes sound the same? like the guy who did the voice for I think it was Kaneda sounded a lot like both, Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass and Ichigo from Bleach  

Quack Quack Mutherducker

Kelight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:59 am
OMG i heart it
It was the 1º Anime i watch who can i a forget!!!!
IT so AWSOME...that movie was the 1º step form my Anime Love heart  
Anime Movies and Manga titles.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff