Barru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:29 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye

Because then the entire round would have to pop up, then slide all the way forward towards the chamber and up again. The space in the gun behind where the bolt is visible is where all the internal pieces go when the bolt is thrown back. In a conventional handgun, the hammer, pin, etc. (depending on what you look at) is not in the way because the slide moves back. This is like securing the bolt in a vise and moving the gun to extract / chamber a new round.

In order to put the magazine in the grip, you would have all that stuff behind where the magazine is still there. Best way to explain this would be to take a pistol, hold the slide back and (pretend to) shoot it that way. Too much stuff in the way behind your hand, right?

There is no doubt that this can be improved though; make it more compact and ergonomic and you could have an idea there.
Oh, I perfectly understand that, but by putting all that s**t on top of your hand, you get a better-balanced gun, which leads to easier aiming. Maybe it's an issue of stabbing oneself in the wrist with the gun? confused

A thought though... the TEC-9 is still blowback-powered, isn't it? I'm wondering why there are no gas-powered pistols.

I just think that the gas powered systems for a small pistol would be over elaborate. In other words, too bulky or complex to make disassembling, repair or even cleaning easy.

Unless you really want a massive ******** handgun that couldn't possibly be wielded with two hands on the grip.
User Image

I don't know that a pistol that big is possible. wink

Yeah, you need like, two and a half hands.

Also, wasn't that the single shot .50 BMG?
Yup. Twelve pounds. Recoil was described as "not too bad, really" by an average-sized woman who had personally fired the gun. The given ballistics show the round retains 1350 fps and 3033 fpe at 1000 yards. That's faster than the muzzle velocity of most pistol rounds at almost a quarter mile. It's a sniper pistol. xd

You know, it looks like a really long Halo pistol.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:40 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

NURRR. Grip magazine, internal bolt pistol. Still patterned after an SMG, but meh. Still not gas operated though.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:11 am
I have found a gas-operated pistol, designed from the ground up to be a semi-auto pistol.

User Image

Who recognizes it?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:31 pm
Fresnel
I have found a gas-operated pistol, designed from the ground up to be a semi-auto pistol.
Who recognizes it?

User Image  

Freak_090
Captain

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:34 am
Freak_090
Fresnel
Who recognizes it?

User Image
Hyup. Apparently it jams like a ******** if you put solid lead rounds through it. And not normal jams, the kind of jams you need a 2x4 to clear.  
Q&A (Are YOU using this?)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff