MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO!
  its happy holidays you insensitive...
  happy chanukah (sp?)
  hail zenu
  bah HUMBUG!
View Results

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:39 am
I was thinking about trying Blackcloud ammo that Federal makes. Everyone I talk to says it is great, so I will probably try a box anyways. The fact that they can't keep a box of BBB on the shelf alone should say something about it. Anyone ever try it?

http://www.blackcloudammo.com/  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:33 am
My friend Daryle uses it for his bird hunts; says it works great, but can get pricey at times. *shrugs* I mostly deer hunt, so I'm more used to heavier shot, but I'd say based on a few range shots its good to get. Not exactly a "Holy Grail" of duck-hunts, but still a good choice.  

Sidal

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:17 pm
In the words of Jeff Dunham, "Screw you, it's merry Christmas!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:01 pm
Well, I finally found a couple boxes of BBB in my travels, so I picked them up. Anyways, I shot a canada and he did die without even the slightest movement. It was about a 40 yd. shot, but that alone doesn't justify it. When I pulled the skin off later, there was a big gash through the breast that I could see, so that could give some credit to the cutting edge thing they have going on.

As for the stories of barrels exploding because of the different wad, I did some research and found that it was in ported choke tubes where that happened.  

Man of the Demoneye

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff