Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hey
  hi~!
View Results

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:03 am
Well...I'm not really a fan of j-drama but I love korean and chinese drama shows better. Well I decided to try one out called absolute boyfriend that was done by japanese actors. I've read the manga so I was kinda looking forward to this but not too much b/c the actors/actress looked terrible. But anyways i gave it a shot and wow! They changed SO much from the orginal storyline and it was pretty bad. ^^"

But comparing that to Skip beat now. Skip beat is another manga that was now made into an anime and they keep it so true to the orginal storyline that it's really entertaining and nice!

So, what do you all prefer? When shows keep true to a books storyline or when they change a few things up to spice it up for you?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:22 am
Don't mind when they alter a few minor things, but when it's changed completely I get a little upset. I thought the live version of Absolute Boyfriend was ok......I think I did like the idea of the girl being an adult rather then a student better-made more sense for her to be living with a 'boy' at an older age. The ending still made me cry through....just like the manga..... I'm so weak....haha.

Skip Beat made me happy when they followed the storyline and style of the characters.

Death Note did a wonderful job too....although the live movie version I think could have been better, but the anime was great.  

0Moon_Maiden0

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:38 am
Her being an adult wasn't a bad idea I'll agree. I still have to finish the live version. I was up to the part where she was making the new cake and ran back home after telling her boss that she doesn't want to join the competition anymore. Then she runs home and actually hugs night.

I love skip beat!!! ^^ It's subbed up to number 11 now! I can't wait for the next one to come out soon. Then when it's done i definantly think that that is an anime I would love to buy (season package I'd say. I think it'd be a better deal right? ^^...)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:47 am
The only live action anime I've watched completely is Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon. I felt this one was rather well done. It only goes as far as the first story with Queen Beryl, and ends very well with that being the sailor scouts only enemy. From what I've heard, the live action series follows the manga a lot more than the anime does, though I've yet to read the manga so I don't know if it's true. I assume it's because of how the live action is so much more darker than I ever remember the anime being. I have to say though that the thing I liked most about this show was that all of the characters looked like normal people, and it was when they transformed that they got all the crazy hair colors to hide their identities.  

Evil Pillows

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:54 am
Evil Pillows
The only live action anime I've watched completely is Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon. I felt this one was rather well done. It only goes as far as the first story with Queen Beryl, and ends very well with that being the sailor scouts only enemy. From what I've heard, the live action series follows the manga a lot more than the anime does, though I've yet to read the manga so I don't know if it's true. I assume it's because of how the live action is so much more darker than I ever remember the anime being. I have to say though that the thing I liked most about this show was that all of the characters looked like normal people, and it was when they transformed that they got all the crazy hair colors to hide their identities.
lol Oh yeah! I saw a bit of that! that's a good japanese live show. ^--^ I also like how when they transformed how their clothes/hair changes so people can't really tell it was them when they were normal school girls. They should have put a little more effort on costumes though. lol  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:07 am
Moonlight_HuangHou
Evil Pillows
lol Oh yeah! I saw a bit of that! that's a good japanese live show. ^--^ I also like how when they transformed how their clothes/hair changes so people can't really tell it was them when they were normal school girls. They should have put a little more effort on costumes though. lol

I saw a few episodes-Luna made me laugh when she turned into a little cat girl.  

0Moon_Maiden0

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:09 pm
I saw a little bit of the Death Note live action movie while Chaos was watching it. I never watched the anime or read the manga, though. That's it for live things.

The "Fullmetal Alchemist" manga was better than what I saw of the anime.

The "Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" anime was better than what I read of the manga.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:16 pm
I have never watched an anime or manga that has been made into a live action series.

But I believe the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya anime is better than the manga because I believe they made the anime first. Usually whatever is made first is better. That isn't always the case but it the world of anime and manga it typically is.

I think the Host Club manga and anime are pretty equal though.

The FLCL anime is definetely better than the manga. The manga is like an alternative version of the anime rather than following the story line and it's weird. I adore the art though, there is so much motion in the FLCL anime and the manga has so much action.

Those are the only animes I can remember that I've watched lately.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:22 pm
Zizzykitty
But I believe the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya anime is better than the manga because I believe they made the anime first. Usually whatever is made first is better. That isn't always the case but it the world of anime and manga it typically is.

Actually, I think it may be because they ignored the manga and based the show off of the light novels that predated both of them.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:52 pm
Dornkus
Zizzykitty

Actually, I think it may be because they ignored the manga and based the show off of the light novels that predated both of them.

Is that how they did it?

I've only started seeing the manga within the past three or four months, how long has it been out?  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Fate-J

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:59 am
hmm... for me, its either the manga or the show. i get bored if its the same thing and i can already anticipate it sweatdrop the same goes for books and movies^^  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:17 am
Zizzykitty
Dornkus
Zizzykitty

Is that how they did it?

I've only started seeing the manga within the past three or four months, how long has it been out?

The manga was made in 2004.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash