[JRP] Marshbottom ((COMPLETE))

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:18 pm
Funny how the statement of 'everybody has a niche to fill' was such a true statement. All creatures of the savannah had their places to be, and it seemed that his companion had found one for him to be in.

A place as murky in color as his own coat. At least as compared to the bright coats of the savannah. But there were no crimes with the color of his body in this swamp he'd been brought to. There were no crimes of it's own beauty either. The more he'd gotten 'to know' the landscape of it, bordering curiousity and mental conversation with something he knew fully well wouldn't be honoring him with a return of conversation, but allowing his curiousity to fish.

And also being wise enough to follow the ways of the female who had been born into the pride as she had made her appearence, waiting until all formalities involving her return had been played out, to find a place to settle in.

To wait.

He knew nothing of whom to approach of his pride. Or rather he did know a thing or two of it, but his poor burned eyes were unable to see names looming over the heads of those whom he had seen, now and then, about the pride.

So he'd waited, simply waiting and watching with a form of fascination.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:32 pm
One slight drawback to living in a swamp was that sun-warmed rocks were a little harder to come by than in certain other environments, and Asali'jua was getting to the age where particularly warm napping spots were particularly desirable. Still, her home did have its sunny spots, even if there weren't warm rocks involved. She'd spent the latter part of the afternoon curled up in one, but the shadows had since moved.

Now that the sun was gone from her napping spot, it was time to get to know this new tag-along. She rose and stretched, and eventually sought him out. She moved a little more slowly these days, but her grace remained the same - she still looked and carried herself like a Queen.

...an oft-muddy Queen, but any ruler of a swamp who remained immaculately clean probably shouldn't be living in a swamp.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:02 am
He hadn't been expecting there to be any particularly clean lions in the swamps, as even he had found problems keeping his brown coat from looking presentable.

Which was all the more suitable to him. If everybody else was going to look like they had just trudged through water filled mud-irrigation puddles, he might as well also look the part. But that was one of the first rules of 'doing as the romans do', the other having been to sit back and observe mannerisms.

First conclusions were to not be overtly shy about his spiritual beliefs. He'd leave those thoughts to himself, yes, but that didn't mean he couldn't still have his little 'thank you rain-spirit for not making my den soaking wet when I woke up'. Only now there would be other concerns.

Such as the lioness who had made herself known to him. Not by name or title, but at least by showing herself, Yaxha bowing his head ever so humbly in a sort of greeting. Manners were definitely there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:25 pm
That was very nice! She did so like polite lions. "Hello, Yaxha," she greeted him, tail twitching slowly behind her. She was very good at being still, except for her tail. It never seemed to tire, although she did more and more these days. "Are you liking it here?"  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:14 am
Perhaps her tail was making the effort to steal away all of her energy?

Not that he could say much on the topic as he knew very little of this stranger (who apparently knew his name) as well as he wasn't aware that the subject even existed.

"Hello.." He greeted back vaguely, seeking out a name for this lioness in his mind and coming up VERY empty for anything to call her by outside of 'miss'... so he'd probably run with that one for a while. "I'm growing very accustomed, thank you." he offered as an answer to her question.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:40 pm
"That's good," she said approvingly, with a warm smile. "Perhaps you'll stay with us? I'm Asali'jua, by the way - the Queen here, hence my curiosity."  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:29 pm
OH!

Well now he felt a touch stupid for having not even realized which lioness it was he was speaking to (but fortunately his mind would be able to tuck it away nicely for him). But instead of entertaining said stupidity, he attempted to play it off as best he could.

"Asali'jua.." he repeated, just to test the pronounciation for himself, before moving on to answer her question:

"And yes, this place has a very familiar feeling underpaw.. unique in it's own way, truly." he offerred with a smile of his own.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:07 am
"There's nothing else quite like it," she agreed, casting a fond glance around. "Something you either like, or don't - I'm glad to know you're the former. It's been very quiet here for a very long time."  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:40 pm
And he was able to catch that fondness the queen had about her - one that was pleasant enough to be around (as opposed to the creepy sort of fondness).

"Well, perhaps things will start growing busier with time. All it will take is some patience and then the return of those who have left to find themselves: and perhaps got a little distracted like my companion did."

Ha ha. Well, maybe all those who got lost would come back with a friend or two to their names like he'd been dragged along with.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:46 am
"I'm beginning to think most of them get distracted somewhere along the line," she mused with a chuckle. "Although it's quite a big world out there, so I can't say I blame them. There's an awful lot to discover besides names."  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:19 am
Oh yes, he was quite aware of just how distracting the world outside of the swamp was - what with little things like..

OH, flowers and stargazing and watching him break a termite mound just to get gnawed on by a hoarde of the little buggers (no pun intended) for his efforts. Truly it had been quite the little adventure with Ira'Quinh. Peh, he was almost jealous that now more than himself would get to call her that.

He'd called her that first!!

"Well, eventually the call to home will come to them." he chuckled.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:22 pm
"Well, I can certainly hope so." Asali'jua smiled again, finding she quite liked this Yaxha. "Well, I suppose I should go rescue my son from his younger siblings, but I'm sure I'll be seeing you again."

The Queen dipped her head, and went to relieve Nari of his babysitting duties.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:34 pm
Yaxha dipped his head in turn when the Queen took her leave before taking a deep breath and rising up to his paws from his spot.

Well, it was about time for HIM to make sure that his female counterpart wasn't getting herself eaten by the swamps (NOMNOMNOM) like everything else had a way of trying to devour her.

Either way, it seemed he'd be staying there a while.

So he was wise to make good use of his time.

[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games