Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:07 pm
Oh no, the goop isn't a problem, I can just brush it off with my hands. I just wanna know why it's there. Also, it does tend to rub into fabrics, so I can't put ammo in my pockets or anything. It probably is a sealed primer, but I think there's way too much goop for that. I'll look for my camera tomorrow and take a picture of a fresh box to show you what I mean.

EDIT: Yeah, that didn't happen. Tomorrow, swearz.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:08 pm
Okay, I just pulled three boxes of ammo out of the big box I got them in, and they're all clean. I think I used the last of the crapped-up ammo, which had been stored in a different box after being found loose. Oh well.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:37 am
Fresnel
Okay, I just pulled three boxes of ammo out of the big box I got them in, and they're all clean. I think I used the last of the crapped-up ammo, which had been stored in a different box after being found loose. Oh well.

What the box with the crapped up ammo was cracked open?

Or did you meant that they were all just thrown in there to rattle about?

I'd check to see if that box makes a proper seal, I'm betting it isn't and is letting in air and moisture.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:40 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

What the box with the crapped up ammo was cracked open?

Or did you meant that they were all just thrown in there to rattle about?

I'd check to see if that box makes a proper seal, I'm betting it isn't and is letting in air and moisture.
No, an acquaintance of mine owned the rifle before me. When he moved, he packed all his ammo into a box with all his gun stuff. Then he found a handful of boxes that had been somewhere else, and threw them into a 'misc' box along with dog cookies and tequila. During the move, the lamp oil and tequila bottles broke open. I can't remember which box the ammo was in, so it either had tequila or lamp oil all over it. Probably the oil, now that I think of it, because the outsides of the boxes were waxy, not sticky. I just finished the last of those boxes, and now I'm digging them out of the bottom of the gun stuff box, and those are clean and dry.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 am
Oh ok... oops.

Like someone said earlier, any flammable s**t is corrosive to some point.
The oil would do that but I'm not sure about the alcohol.
I haven't had any of my stuff get soaked in tequila or what not.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:41 pm
OberFeldwebel
Oh ok... oops.

Like someone said earlier, any flammable s**t is corrosive to some point.
The oil would do that but I'm not sure about the alcohol.
I haven't had any of my stuff get soaked in tequila or what not.
It didn't really look like corrosion though. It was big nasty balls of waxy green stuff. I mean, corrosion is flaky and lays flat to the surface but this stuff had a definite, generally spherical form, and if you squished it it turned into waxy powder.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Q&A (Are YOU using this?)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out