Reply Chatterbox/Humor
GGE Book Club

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:31 pm
Like, we decide on a book, and all get it, and read it, and chew the fat about it. But we can read like... war books, and stuff with guns, or zombies, or whatever. I'm not putting much thought into this because the last time I had an idea nobody was interested. What do you think?

they'd kind of need to have some underlaying meanings, though, because otherwise we'd have nothing to talk about. Any of you big readers? Or moderate readers?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:02 pm
I used to be a big reader. Chapter or two before bed every night. Then, about a year ago, I just... stopped. About halfway through a book. Haven't read a thing since. I guess I just lost interest.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:02 am
Have you read Monster Hunters International? It's a really good sci-fi book written by a total gun-nut and all of the gun details are spot on. The cover was even made by Oleg Volk.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:21 pm
Hm, I might have to look into that one...

EDIT: I thought I found it, but this book has a different cover and hasn't been released.

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Hunter-International-Larry-Correia/dp/1439132852/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231186909&sr=8-1

Are they the same?  

ArmasTermin

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:13 pm
Well, I just started on Politika by Tom Clancy. Actually, I'm kind of in the same boat as Fresnel.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:28 pm
Man of the Demoneye
Well, I just started on Politika by Tom Clancy. Actually, I'm kind of in the same boat as Fresnel.

Same here: stopped 2 summers ago, but now I'm starting to pick it up again

I vote we read One Shot-One Kill  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Xarich

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:34 pm
Soldier X?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:47 pm
ArmasTermin
Hm, I might have to look into that one...

EDIT: I thought I found it, but this book has a different cover and hasn't been released.

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Hunter-International-Larry-Correia/dp/1439132852/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231186909&sr=8-1

Are they the same?

looks like it, that's the first book and the author already has the next 2 books being published. They will becoming out in either February or in October.  

Freak_090
Captain

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:57 pm
So we already have a few people suggesting books. I guess some of you are on board with the idea?

If finding a suggested book at a bookstore is a problem for any choices, Amazon has darn near everything. And you can buy from ther Used and New section for often a penny plus shipping.

I don't know who we'll decide which book. Maybe we wait until Friday and roll a dice for the submissions?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:01 pm
Man of the Demoneye
I own Politika. Came with a game minidisk. Never read more than the back cover, even. The Power Plays series sounded SO BORING, but the book was a quarter...  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:33 am
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye
I own Politika. Came with a game minidisk. Never read more than the back cover, even. The Power Plays series sounded SO BORING, but the book was a quarter...

ROFL so was mine!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:38 am
Man of the Demoneye
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye

ROFL so was mine!
I think that says something about its popularity...  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas