Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Fond Memories

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Hbot

5,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:27 am
I thought that it'd be fun to get all nostalgic and discuss the games that we enjoyed in the past.

My first console was an NES. My friend Brian gave it to me. We were 5. He gave me a stack of games as well. Among them was Wizards & Warriors, which is still probably my favorite platformer to this day. Plus, it's hard as f**k! I never beat it as a kid, but as I grew and my skill in games increased, I was able to defeat the wizard and save the princess. To this day, it's still tough, and I admire that about this game. On the negative side, when your health gets low the most ANNOYING F**KING TUNE EVER plays!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:27 pm
Duck Hunt was pretty fun back in the day (before every Zapper on earth became a pile of fail)  

The_Hbot

5,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The_Hbot

5,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:16 pm
Feel free to join in the discussion, GPL.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:18 am
The first console I played was probably NES. All my roots were screwed up, the first console I owed but was bought for me was my atari 2600. The first console I bought was at a garage sale when I saw a virtual boy sitting there I had to have it, and I spent hours playing mario tennis probably permanently damaging my eyes with that s**t.

Sega genesis got me into fighting games though. mmm street fighter. Dreamcast got me into competitive gaming.

I still have and play all of my consoles plus more that aren't listed.  

Psychoace

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:05 am
Oh geez... it's been a long time since I first got about 1000 points at the age of 3 or something in Donkey Kong. XD

I can't really remember what might have been my first console... as my parents were already pretty heavy gamers as it was. I think I started on the atari (Asteroids FTW), but I really grew up around the Sega Genesis with Sonic and Gunstar Heros and the original Gameboy with Zelda and Pokemon. In most cases, they were hard as heck if you played alone, but somehow I managed to make it through with a friend or family member in what Co-op mode they might have had.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:50 pm
@ Psycholace: Speaking of the Virtual Boy, your sig looks like Celtic Frost ON the VB. LOL

@ Chaotix: Gunstar Heroes freakin' PWNED!!!

Another one of my faves on the NES was an obscre action-fantasy/fighter/RPG. The story was decent or the time, and the difficulty ranges from uber-easy to kick-yer-a**-OMG-I-hate-this-game hard. If u has a NES emulator, I recommend downloading the ROM.  

The_Hbot

5,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The Reason For Your Death

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:17 am
my first was the NES. I think the first game I played was Mario. Then we had a game called Tag Team Wrestling. I played Mario Kart alot. And about 1000 other games. frogger and everything. My parents followed this with a genesis with Sonic and Sonic 2. I loved sonic and to this day play the mega collection plus.I also love mortal kombat! after that i got a Playstation and a Playstation 2 and have games coming out both ends for them.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:21 pm
Aw, yeah, Sonic is a true classic!! My first Genesis was stolen, but I has another, so it's all good. As I said before, Gunstar Heroes is sweeet, but other Gen faves of mine are World of Illusion (a Disney game, and a damn good one), Golden Axe, and Vectorman (to name a few)  

The_Hbot

5,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

King Robert Silvermyst

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:21 pm
The Sega Saturn. My two favorite RPG's ever were on it, two of which I wish they would make remakes of for one of the newer consoles like as a Wii or XBox download: Albert Odessy: Legend of Eldean, and Shining The Holy Ark. Legend of Eldean was everything one could ever want in an RPG, and Holy Ark took first person exploration and RPG battle to a whole new level.

Albert Odessy: Legend of Eldean
Shining the Holy Ark  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:21 pm
I never got into the Saturn, but those games sound pretty spiffy. I am currently attempting to beat Bio-Hazzard Battle, a hard as xd  

The_Hbot

5,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The_Hbot

5,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:21 am
I just bought a RetroDuo NES/SNES, so I'm gonna old-school it up for a while! First on my list, Wizards & Warriors (I belive that I mentioned my love for this game before)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Also, If u or anyone that u know owns a copy of the rare, obscure, fighting-brawling-fantasy-RPG known as Flying Warriors (NES), I AM WILLING TO BUY!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:12 pm
Screenshots from Albert Odessey

Pun at Star Wars

Shining the Holy Ark

King Robert Silvermyst

The_Hbot

5,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:11 pm
They both look pretty wicked awesome!  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash