Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Anime Movies and Manga titles.
Ghibli Movies Anyone?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who here adores Studio Ghibli films?
  What the hell is a "Glibli"???
  We're attached at the hip!
  I watch them on occasion..
View Results

JuilianFai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:15 am
So..I see mention of Disney and Pixar..but what about Studio Ghibli films??
Anyone seen it, anyone have a favorite, and why???

For those of you who have NO idea what I'm talking about, Studio Ghibli made Spirited Away..My Neighbor Totoro..Princess Mononoke..etc etc GO RENT ONE AND WATCH IT!! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!?

My favorite is a close tie between Howl's Moving Castle and Mi Mi O Sumaseba [..Whisper of the Heart I think is the English title..though don't quote me on that].
Even though Howl's Moving Castle isn't Miyazaki Hayao's original work [its based off an English novel] I think the visuals in that movie are absolutely stunning. My favorite part of that movie however is the music score. I just melt when I hear the main theme of the movie, it makes my heart flutter!!
I love MimiSuma because it's so..normal! It's a stark contrast to Howl's Moving Castle. I love how there's a normal element to the movie, everyday life, everyday problems; and a fantastical element of the movie, her writing, her..unorthodox..relationship with Seiji; and it makes me squee whenever I watch it!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:35 pm
I love all the Studio Ghibli films. My favorite would have to be ( well its a tie) Spirited Away and Grave of the Fireflies.

I like how their serious but funny. How it keeps you wanting to more of them. I love all of Miyazaki work. My opinion his movies are one the best anime movies! 4laugh  

i_Wish10

Kreasaya

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:54 am
I love Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle whee heart  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:07 pm
Tottoro, Princess mononoke, Kiki's delivery service, Spirited away, Howls moveing Castle.
Their are a few more that I havent seen yet, but these are the ones I'v seen. My favorite is Tottoro becouse it was my vary first anime. And if any of you baby sit likeI do, tottoro will give you at least one hour of silence. it will keep just about any kid occupide for about an houre.  

Roselean

Loli Rave

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:11 pm
I love Princess Mononoke, Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, Tottoro and most of all Howls Moving Castle. Castle in the Sky is another good movie too.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:17 pm
question i LOVE them all i dont know which is betterr!?!?  

happyemorockerninja

ymPsiegetanK

Greedy Capitalist

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:50 am
Ioniv
I love all the Studio Ghibli films. My favorite would have to be ( well its a tie) Spirited Away and Grave of the Fireflies.

I like how their serious but funny. How it keeps you wanting to more of them. I love all of Miyazaki work. My opinion his movies are one the best anime movies! 4laugh

I totally agree with you, except I haven't watched the Grave of the Fireflies. I also like Kiki's Delivery Service and Howl's Moving Castle.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:00 am
I think I've seen most of their stuff.

My favorites are Nausicca and Castle in the Sky.

And now I want to watch Porco Rosso and The Cat Returns.....  

Maria Noches

Sakuangel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:50 pm
oh well I love howls moving castle , kiki delivery services and castle in the sky . But Ialso want to see the cat returns and a new movie that it's called ponyo smile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:54 am
I LOVE Ghibli films... Miyazaki, in my opinion, makes the best movies! My favorites are Kiki's delivery service, and my favorite of all time, Nausicca! I was watching that one when it was still known as Warriors of the Wind... The full version is so much better!  

Brie_under_cover

OldBlueGenes

Benevolent Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:03 am
My Neighbor Totoro was the first Ghibli film I saw. It was way back before I even knew what anime was. Then one day I watched Princess Mononoke and made the connection between the two and I have been in love with Ghibli studios ever since. I haven't seen Grave of the Fireflies! It is time to google....  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:04 pm
i love all studio ghibli films and at the moment am trying to collect all of the movies for my baby to enjoy with me ^_^  

blood_lusting_fangs

7,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
Anime Movies and Manga titles.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items