Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Post your knitting, crochet, and craft book library!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I have enough patterns in there to keep me knitting for a life time
  and yet it is not enough.
View Results

Adain-chan

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:25 pm
A place to post your knitting/crochet/craft library and discuss book titles.

My library:

Stitch n' b***h
Stitch n' b***h Nation
Stitch n' b***h crochet
Son of Stitch n' b***h
Sensual Knits
Sensual Crochet
Naughty Needles
Knitting Lingerie Style
The Domaknitrix
Not Your Mama's Knitting
Folk Shawls
Charmed Knits
Bag Style
Amigurumi!
Stupid Sock Creatures

Books I want: Those One Skein Wonder books and Knitting with Balls.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:34 am
I am still working on compiling my book list, but here is a link to my library on ravelry where most of my books are.

The ones that are listed are just those I can think of off the top of my head. lol

CLICKY  

Drowtung

Adain-chan

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:01 pm
Drowtung
I am still working on compiling my book list, but here is a link to my library on ravelry where most of my books are.

The ones that are listed are just those I can think of off the top of my head. lol

CLICKY
Aww I'm not a member so it won't let me see. But that reminds me I've been meaning to sign up for an invite to this place.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:10 pm
I love ravelry, but I wish people would post pictures of the inside of their work.  

Supertheory

Isabelle

9,450 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:18 pm
I've got a few various crafty books. xd

Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a T Shirt
- Pretty sweet ideas of how to use up old shirts you have that you don't wear anymore. :3 I want to try out the shirt quilt someday!

Sew Subversive: Down & Dirty DIY for the Fabulous Fashionista
- Has neat recyclable projects like in Generation T but goes into more depth about basic sewing techniques. I already knew that sort of thing, but the projects are still cool.

Creepy Cute Crochet
- Omg, sooo cute! Not much about how to crochet, so it's meant more for people who have some knowledge of crochet. It has varying difficulty levels for projects though ranging from 'beginner' to 'epic' xd I kind of bought this book before learning to crochet sooo...haven't made anything yet. confused

Beginner's Guide to Crochet
- Eeeh pretty basic stuff. Projects super simple, like squares and bags, but that's the point. I still haven't gotten to mastering crochet yet, but you can't really go wrong when it's from amazon's used section. xd

Big-a** Book of Crafts
Love it soooo much! It's got a ton of gotti crafts that would be fun for people of all ages, and has a great range of difficulties in crafts. It goes from paper crafts to working with marble on tables!

I've got another coming in the mail: The Crafter's Companion: Tips, Tales, and patterns from a community of creative minds.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:52 pm
Adain-chan
Drowtung

CLICKY
Aww I'm not a member so it won't let me see. But that reminds me I've been meaning to sign up for an invite to this place.

You really really really need to join. It's amazing, and you get an invite within a few days most of the time.  

Drowtung

Adain-chan

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:42 pm
Isabelle
I've got a few various crafty books. xd

Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a T Shirt
- Pretty sweet ideas of how to use up old shirts you have that you don't wear anymore. :3 I want to try out the shirt quilt someday!

Sew Subversive: Down & Dirty DIY for the Fabulous Fashionista
- Has neat recyclable projects like in Generation T but goes into more depth about basic sewing techniques. I already knew that sort of thing, but the projects are still cool.

Creepy Cute Crochet
- Omg, sooo cute! Not much about how to crochet, so it's meant more for people who have some knowledge of crochet. It has varying difficulty levels for projects though ranging from 'beginner' to 'epic' xd I kind of bought this book before learning to crochet sooo...haven't made anything yet. confused

Beginner's Guide to Crochet
- Eeeh pretty basic stuff. Projects super simple, like squares and bags, but that's the point. I still haven't gotten to mastering crochet yet, but you can't really go wrong when it's from amazon's used section. xd

Big-a** Book of Crafts
Love it soooo much! It's got a ton of gotti crafts that would be fun for people of all ages, and has a great range of difficulties in crafts. It goes from paper crafts to working with marble on tables!

I've got another coming in the mail: The Crafter's Companion: Tips, Tales, and patterns from a community of creative minds.
I've seen Creepy Cute Crochet and considered getting it! The patterns looked really cute.
Drowtung: I've requested twice and they never send me one...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:07 pm
My library

Crochet Afghans
Granny Squares, Nanny Squares
2 books I've assembled (free patterns from www.crochetpatterncentral.com)
Crochet dude's designs for Guys
Baby Knits  

sonicrunner001

Fashionable Friend

9,025 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100

Katalixa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:04 pm
So far my library is pretty sparse, but:

Beading and Jewelry Making for Dummies
Glamorous Beaded Jewelry (project designs and not much else, good for inspiration)
All Wired Up (intro to wire-working)
Beading Basics  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:56 am
I have quite a few books
Just off top of head I have all the stitch and B**** books, knits for barbi, knit toys, knit socks, I could go on but I won't. I have way to many to remember. plus I have 3 desk calandar knitting boxes, and one crochet. I find many things I want to make but don't have enough time to do them.  

tamaja

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff