Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:57 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
But for $565 at CMP, I get a SERVICE grade M1 Carbine, or for 479 I can get the above.
How much would it cost you to go dirt-cheap, and buy a replacement barrel/stock? Or does that ruin the collectible value for you?

Hmm lemme see.

$149 but...
"Commercial manufacture barrel with GI parts. Not chrome lined. Short chambered and will require use of a finishing reamer to assure proper headspace. Complete w/Gas Piston, Bayonet Lug, etc. "

You'd need a gun smith or... be a gunsmith to do it.

The CMP had M1 Carbine barrels but for whatever reason they don't have any now. Sold out?
I actually know people who either could do that for me, or could get me the "good ol' boy" discount from a friend. For $200, I'd totally buy an M1 Carbine. Was that price with the wood or folding stock? I'd totally want the folding stock. There's just something about a rifle with a holster...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:48 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
But for $565 at CMP, I get a SERVICE grade M1 Carbine, or for 479 I can get the above.
How much would it cost you to go dirt-cheap, and buy a replacement barrel/stock? Or does that ruin the collectible value for you?

Hmm lemme see.

$149 but...
"Commercial manufacture barrel with GI parts. Not chrome lined. Short chambered and will require use of a finishing reamer to assure proper headspace. Complete w/Gas Piston, Bayonet Lug, etc. "

The CMP had M1 Carbine barrels but for whatever reason they don't have any now. Sold out?
I actually know people who either could do that for me, or could get me the "good ol' boy" discount from a friend. For $200, I'd totally buy an M1 Carbine. Was that price with the wood or folding stock? I'd totally want the folding stock. There's just something about a rifle with a holster...

Oh wait a minute, I didn't read it correctly.
You asked how much a replacement barrel was right?
Barrels, non-chrome lined, are $149.
The cheapest rack grade M1 Carbine is an Inland that's going for $419.

Wood stock.
They have reproduction folding stocks for them though somewhere else.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MCB090-1.html

That's just one source, but ********! that's a lot. Sportsmans had them but they're sold out. Go figure.

I'm sure some dealers are buying up M1 Carbines with the wood stocks and are replacing them with the folding stock for the Obama scare.

IMO;
If I saw a folding stock for cheap, I'd probably get it but I wouldn't ditch the old stock.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:17 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Hmm lemme see.

$149 but...

Wood stock.

That's just one source, but ********! that's a lot. Sportsmans had them but they're sold out. Go figure.

I'm sure some dealers are buying up M1 Carbines with the wood stocks and are replacing them with the folding stock for the Obama scare.

IMO;
If I saw a folding stock for cheap, I'd probably get it but I wouldn't ditch the old stock.
They're probably jacked up because of the Obama scare. Some day, though...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:07 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Hmm lemme see.

$149 but...

Wood stock.

IMO;

Most likely.
I'm sure that when, and if, this s**t blows over they'll come down in price.

It's going to be a while before I get my order even processed.
crying
They're still processing orders from November. gonk

I'm betting that most of them are for M1 Garands...
... I hope.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:33 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Hmm lemme see.

$149 but...

Wood stock.

IMO;

Most likely.

crying

... I hope.
I know they're always backed up on Garands. I know one guy who buys a new Garand from the CMP EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Give someone else a chance, Christ. He's got, like, forty.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:08 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Hmm lemme see.

$149 but...

Wood stock.

IMO;

Most likely.

crying

... I hope.
I know they're always backed up on Garands. I know one guy who buys a new Garand from the CMP EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Yeah that's what's annoying.
I want an Underwood for a good reason... kind of.
xd
I have one of their typewriters! lol
I've looked on the web and I really can't find a way to date mine, I can't find a serial number anywhere.

Now I could see someone wanting one M1 Garand from every maker or perhaps 2 of each, one to shoot one to hang on a wall or something. But to keep buying the same one is kind of silly.

Oh my god.
I almost s**t a brick.
I looked at the CMP list for M1 Carbines checked Underwood and looked to the right and saw sold out.
I did a double take and noticed that I glanced to the right and down. LOL
I made my stomach cramp up right quick on that one. xd  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:27 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Wood stock.

IMO;

Most likely.

crying

... I hope.

xd
I've looked on the web and I really can't find a way to date mine, I can't find a serial number anywhere.

Now I could see someone wanting one M1 Garand from every maker or perhaps 2 of each, one to shoot one to hang on a wall or something. But to keep buying the same one is kind of silly.

Oh my god.
I almost s**t a brick.
I looked at the CMP list for M1 Carbines checked Underwood and looked to the right and saw sold out.
Haha, you should play it off to sound like you have an Underwood carbine and an Underwood Thompson. "Yeah, I got their typewriter too, if you know what I mean..."

Yeah, I think he buys the museum/collectors' grade every year, and just hangs them on his wall... or something. I dunno, the guy's an a*****e, so all my information is secondhand. I never talk to him.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:08 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Wood stock.

IMO;

Most likely.

crying

... I hope.

xd

Oh my god.
I almost s**t a brick.
Haha, you should play it off to sound like you have an Underwood carbine and an Underwood Thompson. "Yeah, I got their typewriter too, if you know what I mean..."

Yeah, I think he buys the museum/collectors' grade every year, and just hangs them on his wall... or something. I dunno, the guy's an a*****e, so all my information is secondhand. I never talk to him.

Lol k.

Wait, did Underwood even make Thompson SMGs?  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:50 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Most likely.

crying

... I hope.

xd

Oh my god.
I almost s**t a brick.

Lol k.

I don't know, but how many people will be able to say they didn't?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:19 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Most likely.

crying

... I hope.

xd

Oh my god.
I almost s**t a brick.

Lol k.

Unfortunately not many.
Or at least none that I know of. Maybe my friend's father.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:06 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

xd

Oh my god.
I almost s**t a brick.

Lol k.

Unfortunately not many.
Or at least none that I know of. Maybe my friend's father.
Haha, you could pass it off to most people, probably. I actually ran into an Underwood typewriter today, and totally thought of this conversation. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:38 pm
You guys jacked my thread so bad, you know? I don't mind, but you did.

Also, I'm stuck on a David Bowie song on Rock Band in hard mode. I think I maxed out at W even after several practice sections at lower speed.  

ArmasTermin

Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces