Submit

Hello dolly..
  :3
  0o
View Results

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:11 pm
at some point I wnat to buy one, but i'm having a hard time finding any nice asian-style ball jointed dolls.
I don't like ebay cos I don't trust it (unfortunately xp ) and amazon.com's holding only limited results lol.

Does anyone know of any brands of dolls I should look for (I'm thinking under £50/$100), or any trustworthy sites that do delivery outside the us?

I might try buying one in a couple of months for my birthday, but as far as 'net sites go I've had mixed experiences as far as actually getting what you pay for is concerned haha  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:29 pm
*sigh* I wish I did..... sad  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:34 pm
http://www.amazon.com/Obitsu-Manga-Figure-Female-Regular/dp/B001EUENBM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1231633974&sr=1-3

that's the best i can come up with, but it has a distinct lack of face and hair lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:34 pm
dragontamer363
http://www.amazon.com/Obitsu-Manga-Figure-Female-Regular/dp/B001EUENBM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1231633974&sr=1-3

that's the best i can come up with, but it has a distinct lack of face and hair lol

I think it's lacking face and hair because I don't think it's a BJD. I believe it's an artist's manikin. lol.

I know near to nothing about BJDs. Somone I watch on dA has one and this is where she got hers. They're really expensive though.

If they weren't so expensive I'd love a BJD. They're beautiful.

EDIT:
Well I may be wrong about whether it's a BJD or not but if you scroll down to read the comments on the product it says you're getting ripped off buying it for $50, DT, if you really do buy it.

Here is another site I found.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:22 pm
I know what you mena about them being expensive XD

I know the proper asian ones are really expensive, but I wondered if there were any imitations sinc ethey were quite popiular that'd be cheaper lol  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:23 am
Oh I saw those before. They look really nice. ^_^  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:49 pm
I was skimming through the Dream of Doll site and realized something...

If I bought one, buying the doll clothes would almost as expensive as buying clothes for me.

Why are they so expensive? It can't just be because they're an import.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:03 pm
bcause they're so in fashion I suppose. a fad thing maybe. but they're of a decent quality i guess  

dragontamer363
Crew

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces