Submit

Here's to you Mrs. Robinson,
  Jesus loves you more than you will know,
  Woah, woah, woah
View Results

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:43 pm
Falling asleep in class has been a problem for me since I started high school.

So I'm curious, was/is falling asleep in class a problem for you?
And if it is, do you have any tricks or methods to stay awake? Other than getting enough sleep. (even though with 8 hours I'll still fall asleep in some classes)

I've tried a couple things to try staying awake, the ones I remember doing most are one time I bought a pack of caffeine mints and was literally popping them all day, barely helped at all.

The one that appears to work best is biting my hand. It hurts but manages to atleast keep my mind awake of my eyes drop. I had to do it earlier today so I've got a red mark where I bit my hand in the fleshy part right below the thumb. To keep myself awake I have to bite hard though, like har enough where I don't break skin but hard enough where I not only get the imprint of my teeth but I get the imprint of the back of my teeth which can stay from anywhere to fifteen minutes to two hours. (the back of my teeth imprint because the back of my teeth don't do straight up, the slope slightly into a sort of 'shovel' shape)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:48 am
yes, it has been my prob too! mostly cause for this sch im in, i somteimes barely get more than 3-4 hrs of sleep>.< yst, i slept for around 4 hrs... staying awake was totally impossible for me, sad to say-.-
ive tried biting my tongue, doodling, pinching my self... all no use>.<
recently, it seem to have improved(: but it may be cause sch just startedD: anyway, ill keep trying to snatch a few min of slp here n there razz

Fate-J

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:15 am
Ouch. ><
I get 6-7 hours a night and I'm tired. I can't imagine getting only 3-4 every night. I happened to get 4 last night because I was up late working on a project.

For me it was good for a while then suddenly it got way worse, I have no idea why. I didn't change my sleeping habits to get less so it can't be that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:20 am
No-I think I've only fallen asleep once or twice during classes.  

0Moon_Maiden0

Yllirion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:08 am
Well most of the time I kinda fall asleep because of roleplay and other stuff late. But I kinda steal energy from other and get some kind of energy kick off and I can go from zombie looking into a happy joy guy that scares the freak out of others ^^
I have no advice because I have two guys that falls asleep in the class and we had one time a moment when our teacher wanted us to do watch them sleep and then we all left and they were there until 5 pm and our school day ended 3 pm XP
Hilarious  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:49 am
I honestly never had that problem. ^_^" I always seem to manage to stay away and keep myself busy and alert during class. But I do admit I can get bored. When that happens I usually just doodle on a paper or something. 3nodding

update: Oh yeah! Once during a class I had that problem. There was this really old teacher and she spoke with a edgy oldish boring voice which seemed to vibrate in a way. (So hard to explain >_<) It was so annoying but this one time I couldn't help myself and felt my eyes closing constantly. That was my first and last time actually. Didn't fall asleep but was on the edge of doing so. ^_^"  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:44 pm
Zizzykitty
Ouch. ><
I get 6-7 hours a night and I'm tired. I can't imagine getting only 3-4 every night. I happened to get 4 last night because I was up late working on a project.

For me it was good for a while then suddenly it got way worse, I have no idea why. I didn't change my sleeping habits to get less so it can't be that.

they say you should try and get 8 hours a night.

apparently apples are really good for waking you up  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:15 pm
Yup thats all I have to say I fall asleep constantly in class.  

Andy _1134

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:18 pm
Yeah, I need to start going to sleep earlier.

I just have so much to do some nights I can't get to sleep until 10.

I need to sleep earlier since I have exams this week thouh.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games