Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
******** want! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anima_Raptor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:01 pm
*sigh* What I'd give to be part of a Riot just once.. one the police side of course. Any job thats lets you walk around LIKE THAT besides Halloween is badass  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:39 pm
Anima_Raptor
*sigh* What I'd give to be part of a Riot just once.. one the police side of course. Any job thats lets you walk around LIKE THAT besides Halloween is badass
true dat it would own to wear riot gear with scary a** gas masks like that they kind of look like a bunch of duds screaming if you look at it unfocused  

Wiggie

Wiggie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:45 pm
OberFeldwebel
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel

Agreed, but wouldn't removing a screw on filter be just as bad?
Granted if you hold your breath it wont be but still there'll be that bit of contaminant.

If you hold your breath the first thing you would do is exhale, and in doing so you would push the contaminants back through the filter. no?

EDIT:WTF, That guy is wearing MARPAT

emotion_facepalm

Oh yeah...

and, what's wrong with him wearing MARPAT?
Urban setting?
but they're surrounded by buildings and with those white masks i doubt they would look camouflaged at all plus there would be no place to blend in what are they going to do take cover behind a bush?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:17 pm
OberFeldwebel
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel

Granted if you hold your breath it wont be but still there'll be that bit of contaminant.

If you hold your breath the first thing you would do is exhale, and in doing so you would push the contaminants back through the filter. no?

emotion_facepalm

Oh yeah...

Urban setting?

MARPAT stands for Marine-Patern and all of the MARPAT I have seen has the USMC logo and "USMC" under it in OD Green IN the pattern its self. So, I would assume that there would be some issues with a military force other than the USMC wearing MARPAT.

Wiki:
"The United States Marine Corps has patented MARPAT, including specifics of its manufacture[1]. By regulation, the pattern and items incorporating it, such as the MCCUU and ILBE backpack, are to be supplied by authorized manufacturers only and are not for general commercial sale, although imitations are available such as "Digital Woodland Camo" or "Digital Desert Camo"."  

Freak_090
Captain

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:03 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:34 am
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel

emotion_facepalm

Oh yeah...

Urban setting?

MARPAT stands for Marine-Patern and all of the MARPAT I have seen has the USMC logo and "USMC" under it in OD Green IN the pattern its self. So, I would assume that there would be some issues with a military force other than the USMC wearing MARPAT.

Wiki:
"The United States Marine Corps has patented MARPAT, including specifics of its manufacture[1]. By regulation, the pattern and items incorporating it, such as the MCCUU and ILBE backpack, are to be supplied by authorized manufacturers only and are not for general commercial sale, although imitations are available such as "Digital Woodland Camo" or "Digital Desert Camo"."

Ah, hmm, interesting.

So, the imitations, is there no difference other than the USMC 'watermark'?
Could they be wearing the imitation?  

OberFeldwebel

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:08 am
OberFeldwebel
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel

emotion_facepalm

Oh yeah...

Urban setting?

Wiki:

Ah, hmm, interesting.

The Mil-surp MARPAT I have that was made by Tru-Spec consists of coyote b, Black, OD Green, and this sort of off-grey color.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

But the Tru-Spec boonie hat (as well as my friends Tru-Spec Pants that he bought new) are almost the same minus the Logo and instead of Coyote its more of a brown.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:46 am
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel

emotion_facepalm

Oh yeah...

Urban setting?

Wiki:

Ah, hmm, interesting.

The Mil-surp MARPAT I have that was made by Tru-Spec consists of coyote b, Black, OD Green, and this sort of off-grey color.

But the Tru-Spec boonie hat (as well as my friends Tru-Spec Pants that he bought new) are almost the same minus the Logo and instead of Coyote its more of a brown.

Seems like the one with coyote b would work better. neutral  

OberFeldwebel

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:12 pm
OberFeldwebel
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel

emotion_facepalm

Oh yeah...

Urban setting?

Wiki:

Ah, hmm, interesting.

Seems like the one with coyote b would work better. neutral

The one on top or bottom  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:45 am
Oh on top.  

OberFeldwebel

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:41 pm
OberFeldwebel
Oh on top.

ahh.
It does, especially down here in Texas where all we have are pine trees.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:10 pm
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel
Oh on top.

ahh.
It does, especially down here in Texas where all we have are pine trees.
You ever seen 5.11's ripoff of desert MARPAT? I was wearing those pants once at night, looked down, and panicked when I didn't see my legs. That's how good that s**t is. I can only imagine how well the real deal works overseas.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out