Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Oh God, I want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon over this!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Population Tire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:42 am
I have never in all of my years on Gaia seen a misspelled post this hideously huge. I warn you ahead of time, if you aren't used to error mining quarries, you may want to turn back now, as we're about to enter a spelling-free zone.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you The Beast.

Quote:
Well I know I could get flamed, I just like to say this is in my opinion on the racial stuff and some may have another opinion and it's ok say it out and I'll try to relate and stuff and I know I'm not going really accurate on the history and stuff and I know my grammar is gonna be off when I type but here I go.

Well I guess I've been looking at comments about the racial stuff and that there is a problem about that, I guess blacks are asking for too much yet they have a lot,whites are talking how they are getting treated besides the fact that they have it good at times,and well some are just tired of some thinking of it as just a black and white issue.Well, here are some of my opinions of the racial stuff and I already know that people are gonna clarify me and prove me wrong.

1.Black History Month: Well some people use this as an example as one of the things that black people have,well I think first of all, that well some of the our youth don't know much the struggle of African Americans about and what African Americans have done to get equality in the American society.If Americans had one then wouldn't they one more of others orrrr would they need another refresher of what the Americans did during the time of the creation of the United States?

2.The Racial Superiority:I know some have probably have gotten through this already buttt well I guess some need to go to the basics if they have a problem with it.When I say the basics, I mean the body;some are built better than others, but they are built the same ,eyes,nose,mouth,etc, yet some have birth defects. I know I'm getting of the topic so I'm getting back on it. As I was saying, we are all built the same but some are smarter than others and this is where I start another thought.The capability of life of a race is based on smarts.In my opinion races make it in life varied from how many are smart;welllllll I'm not gunna say people should dumb it down and make it more easier for some in terms of Education but to at least encourage many races to be the best they can and although some are sorta ignorant to not listen and just say "f**k them", they should at least encourage races to get smart for not their race but for themselves as well.Now, I say, if African Americans don't want to be put down and get disrespected and stuff like that, I'd say more of them should just get smarter and, that Americans should stop giving African Americans a hard time well, I'd say If every single African American were very smart and stuff and they didn't get better rights THEN I'd say it were a bit racial.I'd say that African Americans sorta have a reason to complain but not to use it as an excuse because well earlier on, wouldn't ya think if African Americans had equal rights as Americans back then,you wouldn't complain and they wouldn't complain how they say that how past struggles about the African Americans and Americans have still rubbed off on this struggle (which has been greatly improved and fixed btw) over the years, but that can't be changed now, soo ....since of the economic crisis now, I think it's not about which race should be picked but how good the person can do it. so I end it there because it is getting too long and could lead to no where. If you say I don't understand then you might be right so explain it to me.

3.Racial Slurrs and stuff like that: I think that a when a American says that "when a black person calls me a cracker or something like that it's ok but if I call a black person a n***er I'm a racist." ok I probably have a explanation for this, first of all the "N" word has been used a lot in past terms and I wont get too deep into that but what I'm trying to say , sure words only have power if you give it to them and it's been given much power over the years or centuries I guess and welll Africans Americans have tried to find a work just as hurtful as the "N" word but failed,so Americans should understand yet, probably don't understand*although it is sorta bad for them to call Americans names and when they do it, their racists.I say that when a American calls a African American the "N" word it's offensive than when they call it to themselves, well,my thought is that they know themselves as that back in the day(in the past) and now sorta know that as a term of endearment towards each other. Okay, African Americans still probably talk about equality still isn't met because it really isn't and they use their comparison of their ancestor's lives and theirs' as an excuse.Well this could be.....well think of it from a childhood perspective, if you're mother and father were treated poorly because of some racial issue, you wouldn't suck it up and say "oh well",you'd be ticked off and you'd hate the ones you made you're life difficult and want to get back at them.I'm done with this one and probably won't go any further before I confuse myself.

I could go on but I guess I could confuse myself or just make it longer, but to understand the problems of both sides, you need to start thinking of the problems from both sides and if you can't then you just won't understand why.Sorry if I angered anyone. xp

I think I'll go sit in a corner and cry.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:38 am
I propose that we take the author of this post out to the woodshed, so to speak, and shoot him. There is no excuse for such grammar.  

RiotousFury

Professional Heckler

9,825 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Heckler 50
  • Nerd 50

Henneth Annun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:25 pm
Can't we just line all the people like this up against a wall and hire a firing squad? Then we can dispose of their bodies in a deep pit we will dig in the woods.... ninja

Seriously now, I couldn't even finish reading that post. There were so many things wrong with it that it was just too hard to process any longer. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:53 pm
Wow, and I thought I was bad. Atleast I have a reason, and still don't have that many errors!!  

Drucilia_Iscariot

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:02 am
Well... erm.... That was ugly. I couldn't even go through all of it. I stopped after the paragraph about the black history month because i couldn't understand what was written. Though English is my third language, I'm not that bad.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:43 pm
Rather than shoot them, might we convert them to intellectual writing? I mean, if we try to kill all of the people who don't use their brains.........  

Rutoh-Chan

Celestia25

Interesting Cat

6,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:32 am
Wow, I don't know what to say! I lost patience after the first paragraph. Why do such people even bother writing?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:32 pm
Wow, that's terrible. The only correct usage I saw was "you're". Did that person miss kindergarten and never learn that if a word begins in a vowel, you're supposed to use "an" rather than "a"? That hurt my brain to read!  

Sachiko13

Psychotic Daizy Dukes

O.G. Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:12 am

I stopped paying attention to what he was saying after Racial Superiority began...

What was the sheer point of that rant?
I don't get it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:48 pm
Oh, how... Could? Is... What? No, a bullet is far too merciful for this ignorance-monger. What's with all the "and stuff like that's?" He sounds like a twelve year old girl!  

Lyonette

Lady Corellon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:04 pm
Lyonette
Oh, how... Could? Is... What? No, a bullet is far too merciful for this ignorance-monger. What's with all the "and stuff like that's?" He sounds like a twelve year old girl!

Twelve year old girl? Not even.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:40 pm
Lyonette

Hey! I am a twelve year old girl! I take offense!  

xXBisexual FlanXx

Dapper Genius

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:05 am
xXBisexual FlanXx
Lyonette

Hey! I am a twelve year old girl! I take offense!

Hm... how about, "He sounds like a normal twelve year old girl"? Surely you've seen the grammatical atrocities that your classmates commit. ;D  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games