Submit

hey
  hi!
View Results

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:19 am
Anyone does brush paintings? They look nice~. ^_^
Anyone like to do artwork that kind of resemble those kinds of arts from the past?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:54 am
I've actually just started attempting those kind of paintings-I received a caligraphy kit for my birthday. However I left the supplies at home so I haven't been able to practice here at school....not that I would have much time between 5 art classes anyway.

I painted little koi fishies-it was really fun!  

0Moon_Maiden0

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:49 am
Wow cool moon!! ^__^ I really wanted to try but I wasn't able to buy a set and maybe wouldn't have time. If you ever have time scan them? ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:54 am
I'd loev to give it a go. My sister got a bruhs set, but it must've been pretty cheap. the brushes were all stiff like they were glued together 0o

I imagine you can achieve much the same with some watercolours or using any sort of ink. Sounds messy though -haha

i'm so jealous of any calligraphy. specially the chinese paintings and the medieval calligraphic work.  

dragontamer363
Crew

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:09 am
Same here DT! Especially medieval works!! They're so awesome including the weapons!

It's fun to walk into those sword medival stores! They have so many cool forges and antique-ish things!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:23 am
definately smile
*oneday I will ahve a sword!* (i'm determined lol)

I love the books too - with all the drawings and letter work and gold inks. very pretty  

dragontamer363
Crew

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:12 am
Moonlight_HuangHou
Wow cool moon!! ^__^ I really wanted to try but I wasn't able to buy a set and maybe wouldn't have time. If you ever have time scan them? ^_^

Sure thing. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:20 am
I remember when I was younger I always thought about getting one but mom wouldn't let me of course. Too dangerous. XD
Yet it was alright to join a korean sword fighting school. sweatdrop  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Wee Wench

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:08 am
I actually took a class on Calligraphy as I think it looks so elegant & classy...posh! lol I used a varity of wide nubs on a pen though & n ot a brush. (American class needless to say.) I wasn't very good at it though as I tend to be hurried and this is a very slow art form. I make my own cards & scrapbook pages so wanted to be able to use Calligraphy also.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games