Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hey there!
  hi!
View Results

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:23 am
So I usually hear people say that they miss highschool and everything. But I'm the opposite. Same with some of my friends. ^_^ We like being out of it. So I was wondering, for those who are out of highschool, do you miss it or not? And for those in highschool still or in school lower (middle/elementary)...do you think you'll miss it school when you have to leave on the whole or not? ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:41 am
I might, depending if I will. I might miss the people that are in the grade lower than me since i am in 11th grade, but I really do miss the people who graduated when I was in 10th grade last year, because they were the really kick butt fun crowd, and 26 of my friends left with the graduation year of 2008  

sutysr574

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:03 am
I miss a few of my teachers, friends, and the easier classes....but overall I'm happy to be out and in college.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:28 pm
I think you get different experiences form everything. I miss aspects of all my different schools (well, not secondary school,really).

[btw sorry if it sounds like I'm patronising you with spelling out the ages of the schools. I'm never sure how the English vs American systems differ ><]

Primary school (4/5-10/11years old) : I love primary school, but everyone does on account fo being kids and the fun biggrin

Secondary school (11-16): I never had much fun here. blarg.

Sixth Form (16-1 cool : I love this. It was so cool but still structured a bit liek secodnary school. but with more free periods. and a more bohemian feel. and you were closer to the teachers and students etc, I miss it now - but i loved the school I was at for this

University (18 - 21ish): I'm at uni now and I love it, but it's a totaly diffrent experience to anything else.

What's my point? umm.....they're all different lol I miss some aspects, but i don't regret being where I am now. They're all different experiences I look back on fondly  

dragontamer363
Crew

Fate-J

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:27 am
hey DT! our edu system are similar(:
okayy, anyway, im in sec sch now, supposedly 16 this yr. i think ill miss my sec sch life [ending this yr] since its an all out girls sch(: all kinds of experiences, gd and the not so gd -.- well, the 'freedom' of no guys sch will definitely be missed(:
i dont really miss pri sch except for the friends.. sec sch have this system tt promotes deeper bond btwn pupils and tchrs(:
im not sure about jc [yr17 to 18]... ill have to see biggrin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:20 am
cool smile
one difference I found form moving form secondary schoo to 6thform&uni is that teh whole atitude of teh students change. because they have a choice and actually want to learn (since you can leave school when you're 16), there's less of the assholes skrewing up lessons or being bitchy at you. Evertone's more peaceful and happy smile  

dragontamer363
Crew

0Doidle0

Distinct Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:34 pm
I miss bits and pieces but not enough to want to go back
I prefer college
choosing what I want to take, meeting new people, things of that nature wink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:45 pm
I'm glad I'm out. Except for a few experiences it was kind of irritating. I like being able to take things when I want and not having to sit in the same class every day. And the hour long gaps between classes is great.  

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:17 pm
I miss people who have already graduated.

I have a friend who graduated already complaining he missed it after he first left. He doesn't appear to miss it anymore now that he realizes how much drama there is. (or maybe it's just my friends)

I'm still in high school. Though I will be graduating next year which is kind of scary since I don't know what I'm really doing after. High school is comfortable since I know what I'm doing. The thought of applying to colleges is a daunting task which I'll have to take on next year.

Though I got an e-mail from a college today telling me that they think I'll do well because of my PSAT scores.
Anyone know where Evansville University is? rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:10 pm
No,, I don't know where it is...but with the magic of the all powerful Google......*dramatic music*......Indiana? Or is there another Evansville University ?  

0Moon_Maiden0

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:46 pm
Haha, I asked my mom what was in Indiana.

She said cows.

I should go there and go cow tipping!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:13 am
*remembers the tractor-tipping scene out of Cars*
xd  

dragontamer363
Crew

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:19 am
I don't really miss high school. One reason is because our school district was run by a bunch of idiots who didn't know what "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" means. Also: the halls were way too crowded, the students who hang out in the courtyard were freaks, classes were an hour and a half long and there was so much drama everywhere.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:15 am
Dornkus
I don't really miss high school. One reason is because our school district was run by a bunch of idiots who didn't know what "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" means. Also: the halls were way too crowded, the students who hang out in the courtyard were freaks, classes were an hour and a half long and there was so much drama everywhere.

Sounds about as bad my high school. Cept we didn't have a courtyard (just the football court, which we weren't allowed to go to except for the big games...), and the only real freaks that were in our school were the ones constantly sending bomb threats, and this one guy who kept claiming he was going to eat ours souls...

Our class schedule was just plain freaky. The first two years we had four classes a semester, each an hour and a half long. My junior year, they switched to having all juniors and seniors having seven ...60 minute classes and all the underclassmen had two hour and a half hour classes each morning and three 60 minute classes at night... My senior year, everyone had to have 7 classes, each one 60 minutes long, and we stayed in the classrooms for the entire years...

I kinda miss high school though, because I've lost contact with several people, and I can't get online as much... And skipping class by hiding in the art room's empty closet.

The things I don't miss: stupid teachers, crappy lockers and bathrooms, and living RIGHT NEXT DOOR to the assitant principle. (Who also happens to be my great aunt crying )  

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items