Reply [IC] Aegnor'hini Lands [IC]
[PRP] I like you... (not) [Posca x Iar]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

honey.roasted.ferrets

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:59 pm
Iar spent the next week or so thinking about that conversation ... turning it over in his mind. Trying to figure out how to get what he wanted from the goddess. For in truth, he didn't care what she was the goddess -of-, or for Posca herself, all he cared for was the strength in her blood. But of course, she couldnt' know that. What he wanted her to think was that the power was secondary... that he liked her. Wanted to spend time with her.

So it was with that in mind that he went to the same spot again a little over a week later, and called again. Would she come this time...?

It was much like the last time. From the same dead tree she came... Though now it was reduced to nothing more than a black stump, worms and mushrooms feasting upon it. Out of it's shadow she formed, and a moment later was standing in front of him.

"Curiousity again, King?"

"Not ... quite," Iar replied - ready for her this time. In fact, he had stationed himself a bit closer to that particular tree. Bowing slightly, he went on. "Our conversation the last time that I called was interrupted..."

"Ah." She blinked curiously, sitting down. The closeness seemed to make her a bit anxious, but she didn't bother moving away. "I am sorry for that. I did not know it would trouble you... Speak on then, King. I will not leave you this time."

Iar shrugged slightly and sat down - keeping a bit of distance between them for the moment. "I ... just wanted you to know that I was serious, before. I think that you have strong blood, Posca. But ah ... aside from that, I like -you-." He figured that perhaps bold honesty was best here.

Posca just blinked at him, quite flabbergasted. "...What?" She really couldn't comprehend it! He liked her? In that way? She looked a little disturbed, ears tilting back when her mind was actually able to believe what he'd said.

"Why?"

Iar tilted head at her, blinking a bit. "Why not...? It's not as if you're ugly," he replied. "But ... if you need a concrete answer, I suppose I'd have to say your personality. And your strength... though that isn't all of it. It's ... difficult to explain," he apologized with a faint smile.

Posca listened with still that frown, eyeing him still in disbelief. "I..." She frowned at him, almost looking afraid now. "I'm sorry, but I.... can't..." She hung her head, gaze directed at the ground. "I haven't been with anyone in a long time..."

Iar made a low noise - not quite a purr, but not a growl either... and obviously meant in some way to be soothing. "It's all right... I wouldnt' force you to anything." A little pause, and he almost laughed. "Not that I likely could."

"No..." She frowned deeper, looking rather sad now. Lost in memories... And nightmares. "To... be honest... King, my last mate was mortal. And in a fit of emotion I killed him." She shook her head, standing again. "I won't take that risk again... which is why I never stay around mortals for long, I... can't get involved..."

Iar puffed his fur out a bit at that, looking faintly offended. "I will not break," he replied. "And you don't seem as if you will tear me apart at any moment... really." Or rot him apart. Or whatever. He pinned her with his gaze. "There is no harm ... in trying. A single night..."

Her eyes flickered up to him, frowning deeply still. Though there was obviously... something. Some though, some temptation. Could it really happen? She had worked so hard NOT to end up in this position again.

Then again... her hyena followers had been fine, and she had traveled with them for weeks now. They thrived healthily... Maybe... Maybe if she just wasn't around all the time...

But she couldn't take the risk! It'd be too much for her to bear if she did it again...

"Do... you really like me? You really think..." She looked down again, ears flat against her head. It was true... he was a king, and thus strong...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:08 pm
"I do," Iar said firmly, nodding his head just a bit. "You are strong, yes... but so am I. And don't forget... I have the soul of a demon." He smiled - letting it turn just slightly to a smirk. He must convince her.

"I will not die at all easily, Posca."

Could she...? Should she? It wasn't until this moment, faced by him... that she realized how truely lonely she really was. She had traveled a life time alone... Was that what she really wanted anymore? She had her followers, but she lacked something else. Something deeper.

"...Maybe... Perhaps..."

"Come ..." Iar said softly, standing up slowly and then backing away a couple of steps. Even if she did kill him ... he accepted the risk. It was -worth- it.

She was still uneasy, still cautious... but after a moment she sighed out, forcing a smile. One night... even if it didn't work... Perhaps she could allow herself one night of bliss. A moment to warm her cold, lonely existance.

"I will..." She said softly, almost timidly. After all, it had been so long...

honey.roasted.ferrets

[IC] Aegnor'hini Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff