Reply The Nine Inch Nails Guild
Shows

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Narquelie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:14 pm
I'm trying to start some discussions since I noticed there aren't a lot of threads here.

Have you ever been to a Nne Inch Nails show? Did they have an opening band? Who was it? How was the show overall? What Kind of venue was it?

I went last May. Dresden Dolls opened for them, and they were great. The show, as expected, was amazing. The fact that the venue was really small (seats no more than 750) made it even better, if possible.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:07 pm
I went to the Sept. 24th show in Portland cuz I live there. Autolux and Queens of the Stoneage opened for them. And one guy on the floor was booing Queens while they were on so the front man told him to go into the lobby till NIN started up, go buy a hot dog, and shove it up his a**. Then he asked if he'd already had his friends hot dog up his a**.

It was the best part of the act. I don't really like Queens... stare

And the venue is pretty fricken big but they only had people down on the floor and in the first half of seats. It was nice that it didn't have all the people there... There's no way in hell the show had sold out which is kinda sad... It's not as though anybody really cared though. We were all there to see Trent, not the crowd.

And he didn't disapoint. 3nodding

chuu_utena

Starla Shakespeare

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:28 am
I saw them at the Brixton Academy, London on 14th July. Saul Williams was the support act. Reznor describes him as 'a breath of fresh air', and he certainly didn't disappoint. It was rap and beatbox, but cool rap twisted

The NIN part of the show was amazing. Myself and my boyfriend managed to get to the front of the crowd, and in the middle of 'Piggy' Reznor practically threw himself in the crowd right where we were standing. The atmosphere during 'Hurt' was amazing too, so emotional.

Definately a band I want to see again!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:04 am
i went to the concert in edmonton AND IT WAS ******** AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! blaugh xd
Nine Inch Nails is my favorite band. i spent like 120$ on merch. i would have bought more, but i had no money left. crying a realy shitty band called death from above 1979 opened. man did they suck. then queens of the stone age. they where ok. way better that 1979. then trent came on playing pinion. the stadium just exploded!!! definatly the best show i have ever seen. march of the pigs came on and we where moshing in the stands!!! i love NIN. the venue was average, about 10 thousand... but im probably off by a whole wack.  

wingchunk

Almighty Toilet Plunger
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:32 am
You guys. My God. Stop dissing the opening bands. You may not like them but give them respect because opening bands are bands that the headliners are fans of (most of the time. I doubt the rolling stones were fans of metallica. x-x) but it even says on the NIN website.

Go read Aaron North's comment about his old band.

http://www.nin.com/access/7_19_05/index.php  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:06 pm
i went to my first NIN show about 2 1/2 months ago

and NIN do sound better live than in studio, they give that extra crunch onstage

and the opening acts were good, i've already seen autolux twice, when they had their guitars duct-taped all over, they have a kick a** chick for a drummer <3

.Drunk...Cunt...Pirate.

Lokey00

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:04 am
Death from above opened then Queens of the Stone age came on (they rocked and i love them!!) a guy booed Queens at my show and Josh (lead singer) said "hey man i wrote this song after i ******** your sister!) then they played little sister. then after that song josh said "no, no man i lied, i didn't write it about your sister. its about your mom, by the way tell her i said hey!" it was so ******** funny, i was in front so i yelled at them to play feel good hit of the summer and josh looked at me and smiled and said "now theres a ******** cool chick!" i almost died! NIN was beautiful, and words by far are not able to describe them. Trent is a Deity. and for all the Trent whores he wore tight, and i mean TIGHT leather pants it was so sexy. he did his little hip sways and screamed. it was the perfect drug.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:50 pm
never been but i rele rel wana go, my m8 has been nd got bottled lol  

AsH-The-Burninator

the trenty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:37 pm
Aww! I really liked the opening bands for the concert I went to! I don't know how to spell their name, so I won't try, jut so I don't humiliate mysef. smile

But the point is they were really good.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:42 pm
Actually, those supposed leather pants aren't really leather. He wore them at the concert I went to, too. But they;re still freakin' hot! They're actually just tight jeans or something with this rubber sealer stuff on them. lol, once he said it that wearing them was really hot and everybody was all, "Oh yeah, they really are hot", and Trent was like, "No! Hot to wear on stage, you know? Cause they're rubber?"
And everybody's like, sure....It was really funny. xp  

the trenty

Crazy Kitten Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:26 am
The opening band for the show I went to was "Moving Units." They were pretty good, but a lot of people didn't think so. They didn't really go with NIN, and I guess that matters to some people. I thought they were good besides.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:11 pm
My friends where supposed to go because they were finally coming here, and I would of went with them, but noooo the show was canceled. I don't even remember why. Probably because of the bad weather. Anyway, I was so mad! Happend to me also when I was going to see Korn in Toronto (6 hours from where I live), it was a really bad day and the roads to go there were closed and the guy I was supposed to go with didn't wanted to take another way. crying  

sweetdevil1411

Almighty Toilet Plunger
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:10 pm
Jee, this is an old thread. o.o

I saw them when Autolux and Queens opened for them, autolux was really awesome but queens wasn't that great. I mean, I like them on the album but they're not that great of a live band. Cool backdrop though. The stadium was homygod full like you wouldn't BELIEVE. and the show was so awesome, I ended up dancing with the people next to me even though I didn't know them, they were cool. and during hurt it nearly brought tears to my eyes, everybody was singing along and holding up lighters and you could just feel the feelings coming out of everyone, like, that song had helped all of them and you could just feel the love. it was so incredible and I'll never forget it. Can't wait to see them again in a week or so. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:52 pm
I saw them not to long ago in fact last sunday july 2nd the opening bands were peaches and bauhaus we couldn't see much the only guy I could really see WELL was Jerome I could see Trent slightly and Aaron not really at all, but they sounded great!!! I loved it, it was my first concert as well so I feel lucky to have such an awesome band be the first band I see, were going to try to see them again though and actually have all the band members come in clear view, lol.......  

the thief of always

dmchilln

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:03 am
pcola 3/20 first nin show seal willam

pelham 6/6 second show, tv on the radio and bashus  
The Nine Inch Nails Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items