Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HOLYSHITOMFGZZZ
  u r shufflarz?!
View Results

Rome The Arsonist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:17 pm
WARNING WALL OF TEXT, BUT LOTS OF FUN!

So my friend and I have been talking about going to a club he used to go to all the time...

(All times approximate)

It ended up that we finally got a chance!
Friday night I headed from Williamsport, PA to McEwensville, PA (30 minutes). Picked Anthony up, headed back up to Muncy (Almost back to Williamsport 25 minutes).
Turned and went to Hughesville (10 minutes)
Turned left at some light, and travelled to Wilkes Barre (2 hours 30 minutes)
Pick up some of Anthony's Friends, and headed to a pool hall (20 minutes)
Hung out there for about an 1 hour 45 minutes
Left and headed for "TWIST" Wilkes Barre (15 Minutes to the Gay Club)
Get there, and here's where I have fun!

I show up and find out that we are NOT allowed to wear hoodies inside the club, I get kinda pissed, because I didn't want to leave it behind with the shady looking ******** at the front counter. I reluctantly leave it there, pay my 8$ and head in. We push our way through the crowd, I follow Anthony and Canada 1 through a herd of guys grinding on girls, and couples making out and what-not to the other side of the club, where I see a crowd of people that are actually trying to dance.

As we go, I look around, being that it's a gay club to take in the scenery, I see very few dudes doing much, the most of it was girls almost naked (Hot girls) dancing on the poles, the bar, and everywhere else. Looked like a regular club with a small gay crowd.

I come up to the crowd that Anthony and Canada 1 were making their way towards and stay quiet. After all, I'm one of 2 people in the club wearing Phat Pants/Trippies, and I feel kinda awkward. Anthony leans over to the crowd and says something incomprehensible, as the music drowns him out.

The black guy in the crowd, steps up to me, and yells in my ear "LET'S SEE YOUR SHUFFLE."

I know what Anthony said now... "This is my friend Jesse, he's only been shuffling for a week and a half, and he's amazing."

He told me later, that's pretty much what was said.

I was feeling nervous as I had never shuffled in front of a crowd, let alone in an environment where everyone can dance....

They clear a big circle, I step in the middle, move a bit to get the feel of the music, and then.... I lose it, I have no clue what happened, but next thing I knew I was not only shuffling, but I had a huge crowd around me cheering..... I just kept moving to the music, flipping out, and people just kept getting further from me as possible to give me as much room as possible to shuffle. After a while, I lose my endurance, and stop... I'm cheered on, etc.

I look around, and EVERYONE is staring at me and yelling/clapping....

I smile, nervously, as I'm super surprised..

Everything returns to normal, and I stay in the back, as I'm modest, more people show up and everyone is "LIQUID"ing, Jumpstyling, Cripwalking, or shuffling... Now when I say shuffling, I mean, .... Let's see. When you shuffle, for the running man, you Take two steps. One foot in front of you, and one foot behind you, about walking distance, in 1 step, you bring the rear foot up as if you were taking a step, so your knee is bent, and you slide your front foot to the middle of you simulteanously, then mirror said motion in reverse, so that it looks like you're running on the spot... you can then move around in any direction while you do this motion, giving the illusion that you're running/walking in reverse, sideways, or floating/sliding all over the place.

These guys were doing one step, and it looked really funny, which is why I understand now. They had their feet right at first, but when they did it, there was only 1 motion. Foot in front slid to the back, foot in back lifted up and slammed down in the front simultaneously.

As the night progressed, eventually, they opened up a circle for everyone to show off, and I was standing at the side tapping my foot, 4 people came out, and then Anthony pushed me into the middle, I start to do my thing, and AGAIN, crowd + cheering + etc. This goes on for a while. The night is about to end as the club closes in 10 minutes, so everyone decides they want to hit the middle floor, I finish dancing, and a big gay guy comes up to me "YOU'RE REALLY GOOD! I'M BEAR BY THE WAY!" I think he said bear at least. I shake his hand and yell "I'M JESSE JAMES, LIKE THE COWBOY." And walk away, to the middle floor where my friends wanted to me go. I stand there for a minute bouncing, and BAM AWAY WE GO. Cleared the extremely crowded center floor, and have the entire club watching and cheering for us.

At the end of the night, I had person after person telling me how amazing I was, and how they didn't understand how I defied physics and friction and what-not.

All I know is I want to do it more, I'm not an attention whore, but damn does it feel good. cool

THOUGHTS?!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:39 am
Rome that's freakin sick! XD Grats ^^  

KuroAkaNeko

Fashionable Raider

35,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Fazzey

Desirable Bloodsucker

6,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:24 am
*blinks* Wow. That is awesome! Glad to see you have a fun time! I encourage you to do more shuffle! You seem to be good at it! blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:52 pm
thats awesome! *gasps* you must be awesome to see in real life!!! your vid looked cool but DAMN.

I like how your name is Jesse James like the cowboy. XD  

[Vertically.Challenged]

Rome The Arsonist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:29 pm
Haha, I don't like to be arrogant, so I'll just say I have a long way to go until I consider myself even decent smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:18 pm
Some attention's always nice. x]

Just don't let it get to that head.

Rabid Bagel Cow Thing
Vice Captain

Dapper Hoarder

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

debijay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:12 pm