Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Writing on the Wall

Back to Guilds

Are you literate? Do you write poetry, short stories, long stories, prose, roleplays. . . anything? Share your talent with the world! 

Tags: Writing, Poetry, Prose, Stories, RolePlay 

Reply The Writing on the Wall
yay me! [contained] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

you likey?
  yes, very much thank you
  no i hated it
  i didn't like it very much...
  it was ok, i suppose...
View Results

explode555

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:24 pm
funkyspikemike
sooo beautiful ~sniff~ it your poems remind me of myself when i was selfish and shy about love
*ish confuzzled* question  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:38 pm
This... is a peice of writing I did... yes... Heck yes....
I hope it's not too descriptive.... sweatdrop

I was woken from a state of darkness by a sharp twittering of a bird. Correction, I thought, birds. My vision swam in and out to reveal--5 eagles atop a huge oak in the distance. I had a headache. As I stared more, I realized that the eagles I saw were merely a bunch of sparrows nesting in a nearby birch. My depth perception was off. Terribly.
I seemed to be upside down as I looked ahead--that is to say, up-- at another branch above me. I, apparently, was in a forest.
I was tired. My eyelids could barely stay open. My whole body was incredibly heavy.
For the first time, I was aware of a sharp, cold pain in my left forearm. In fact, my whole arm throbbed painfully, and I closed my eyes in anguish. I smelt blood and... another scent, on the air. I concentrated on the smell, my head and arm aching. It was... wet dog.
My body appeared to be frozen to the ground, and my body was still so heavy. I evidently had not moved in hours, for my feet and arms were stiff and chilled by the crisp air.
I heard a strange sound at my side, interrupting my thoughts, and I suddenly was afraid. My heart raced in my chest, and the possibilities of everything that could go wrong in a forest like this raced through my mind. I, panic stricken, turned my head in the direction of the noise. My neck twinged with pain, but I ignored it, for the pain in my arm was so great I barely noticed any other aspect of pain in my stiff corpse of a body.
At my side, panting quietly, was a great, black dog. It startled me at first, me stupidly thinking it a bear. The dog frowned, cocked her head, and whined. It was a very large dog. She had a long, shaggy tail that wagged as I looked at her. On her torso was very thick fur, speckled with gray. Her eyes, when I looked into them, were a dark, muddy shade of brown. I had somewhere seen those eyes before, and felt I could get lost in them. They had the slightest tint of forest green, matching the surrounding landscape, around the edges. Her large wet tongue was out, and she was panting. Her breaths made clouds of mist around her face. Her paws were huge. They might have been bigger than the ball of my foot, including my toes. They were marvelously furry.
She made a move, which startled my as I examined her, astounded. What was a dog doing in the middle of a forest? What was I doing in the middle of a forest?
She walked toward me -- she was merely four or five feet away from where I lay on the pine-strewn floor. She got to my face and licked my forehead, a big, slobbery, wet lick with her big, wet tongue. She backed off and sat.
Refreshed and revived by the dog's kiss, I tried wiggling my toes. I felt the toe of my shoe on my thick, cotton socks. I tried moving my fingers. I could not feel my left hand, because it was throbbing so badly. Even focusing on it too hard made it smart.
I felt my legs bend and raise up with out telling them to. My right hand bent up from under me, supporting my leaden mass. I lifted myself up and got to my feet stiffly and with much difficulty.
As I swung my left hand in the effort of getting up, I glanced down. On it was a vast gash. It went from between the front side of my forearm to my bicep, curving slightly. It was bleeding heavily on to the ground, and as I looked at where I lay seconds before, I saw a puddle of blood sinking into the ground thirstily. I have never been good with blood, it makes me queasy, and when I saw the puddle on the earth, I went down. The dog rushed up to my side, whimpering and sniffing at me with her wet nose.
I stared up, feeling upside down again. My knees slowly bent again as I lifted my left arm over my head to look at it. Blood dripped and seeped into my orange shirt.

To Be Continued...

Not too longedited by Pup...  

explode555

explode555

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:49 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:59 pm

explode555

Ever_lasting_Flame

Eloquent Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:08 pm
xd Wow, that was awsome! I thought something was going to eat her ~_~" Lol, well, okay..where to beging..
One, it was great..Two, do you know where your going from here? I can't wait unitl you finish the next bit biggrin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:49 pm
Ever_lasting_Flame
xd Wow, that was awsome! I thought something was going to eat her ~_~" Lol, well, okay..where to beging..
One, it was great..Two, do you know where your going from here? I can't wait unitl you finish the next bit biggrin
that's just a section of it. there's like 25 pages more... sweatdrop PM me for more!!!  

explode555

Ever_lasting_Flame

Eloquent Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:59 pm
explode555
Ever_lasting_Flame
that's just a section of it. there's like 25 pages more... sweatdrop PM me for more!!!

Oh geez xd
I had no idea >_<

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:02 pm
Ever_lasting_Flame
explode555
Ever_lasting_Flame

Oh geez xd
I had no idea >_<
yeah, I didn't know how to post the chapters so I just put a section... sweatdrop  

explode555

explode555

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:07 pm
Ever_lasting_Flame
the monster was kinda the symbol for Daisy's death... if you get it... she's like having a dream and then goes into twin mode. See, the thing that hits her and makes her lungs crush is the car... that she got hit by... right? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:37 pm
explode555
Ever_lasting_Flame
the monster was kinda the symbol for Daisy's death... if you get it... she's like having a dream and then goes into twin mode. See, the thing that hits her and makes her lungs crush is the car... that she got hit by... right? sweatdrop

Ohhh, I get it 3nodding So, she had a 'vision' (<-- for lack of a better word) about her sister's death while she was in class?

Ever_lasting_Flame

Eloquent Seeker

explode555

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:39 pm
Ever_lasting_Flame
explode555
Ever_lasting_Flame

Ohhh, I get it 3nodding So, she had a 'vision' (<-- for lack of a better word) about her sister's death while she was in class?
3nodding yes, kindof. She went into what I like to call 'Twin Mode'. which she still experiences after Daisy's death, acctually. Like, flashes of heaven. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:44 pm
explode555
Ever_lasting_Flame
explode555
Ever_lasting_Flame

3nodding yes, kindof. She went into what I like to call 'Twin Mode'. which she still experiences after Daisy's death, acctually. Like, flashes of heaven. 3nodding

That's a cool way of putting it..Twin mode..I think I've heard that somewhere before..Not that you copied or anything..But I think it was one of my friends that had once said something like that

Ever_lasting_Flame

Eloquent Seeker

explode555

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:58 pm
Ever_lasting_Flame
explode555
Ever_lasting_Flame
explode555
Ever_lasting_Flame

That's a cool way of putting it..Twin mode..I think I've heard that somewhere before..Not that you copied or anything..But I think it was one of my friends that had once said something like that
Yeah I guess it just popped into my head... I thought about it alot when getting the plot together.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:17 pm

explode555

explode555

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:23 pm
Any one? Please? Suggestions? gonk  
The Writing on the Wall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers