Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:21 am
Microsoft has, over the course of the 360's shelf life, been subject to numerous lawsuits. From a civil suit brought by disgruntled customers to patent and copyright violation suits brought by 3rd party hardware developers Microsoft seems to have spent almost as much time and money defending their second entry into the console race in court as they have developing and marketing it.
This new lawsuit brought forth by CBS, owners of the Mission Impossible license (the television series license not the Tom Cruise vehicle movie license) and Lilly Geller, daughter of Bruce Geller who penned and produced the series, claims Microsoft has violated "several intellectual property rights" and seeks an undisclosed amount of damages.
While a CBS spokesperson wouldn't comment on the sought amount nor why CBS has waited so long to begin legal proceedings he did make the following statement.

"We believe that Microsoft, either willingly or unknowingly has, in the design and production of the Xbox 360 computer game system, violated a patent filed and established well before the console began was developed"

The patent in question is available here and reads as follows.

"A device or modification to an existing device which, after delivering an audio, visual or multimedia presentation, will enable the emission of copious amounts of black smoke as well as the phrase "This [device] will self destruct in five seconds" followed by self destruction"

Microsoft representatives were unavailable for comment.

Yeah, I stole this. I thought it was too good not to share.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:15 am
o.o  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:34 am
Oh...
I get it.

yeah I lolled after I got the joke.

Xbox 360s suck.
I wont get one until I stop hearing about people that have theirs take a s**t.

Here's a patch that will make me console compatible.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/xcm-brings-pcstyle-gaming-to-your-360-217332.php

^.^  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:09 pm
OberFeldwebel
Oh...
I get it.

Xbox 360s suck.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/xcm-brings-pcstyle-gaming-to-your-360-217332.php

^.^

They are much better if you got them after September last year: there was a new, cooler chip of some kind that helped prevent RRoD's. I've had mine for a year for no problems. This year they are adding a one of two new chips that might kill the RRoD forever.  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:16 pm
SBBuckner
OberFeldwebel
Oh...
I get it.

Xbox 360s suck.

^.^

They are much better if you got them after September last year: there was a new, cooler chip of some kind that helped prevent RRoD's. I've had mine for a year for no problems. This year they are adding a one of two new chips that might kill the RRoD forever.

Now, will the price stay the same or will it go down?

Did they recall the shitty ones or do I have to look for and decrypt the Enigma Machine-esque code for the date that's watermarked on the inside of the box?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:23 pm
There's some s**t-a** plastic part in there that breaks off and causes RROD if it falls over from vertical to horizontal. Happened to one of my friends three times.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:21 am
Fresnel
There's some s**t-a** plastic part in there that breaks off and causes RROD if it falls over from vertical to horizontal. Happened to one of my friends three times.

Fail.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:57 pm
Fresnel
maybe he should stop knocking his xbox over hmmm? I had one of the older generation consles for over a year and no RRoD.  

Teh Emo Squirrel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:18 pm
Teh Emo Squirrel
Fresnel
maybe he should stop knocking his xbox over hmmm? I had one of the older generation consles for over a year and no RRoD.
He's a college student at a party school. This s**t just happens.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:03 pm
My Xbox broke 8 times for no apparent reason. Didn't ever move it or anything.  

Krilliad

Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff