View Results

flameangel_child524

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:23 am
The World Lies in Ruins...

It is the year 2020, and world affairs have gone horribly wrong. All these years that the United States and its allies have devoted to thwarting uprisings and the like in one country or another, at the same time trying to improve global economy, another, older threat crept by unnoticed.

Russia, unbeknown to many a nation, had once more begun building up her militant forces. Too, highly-qualified scientists have been recruited into the ranks and assigned one task: repair the ruined nuclear generators, make them as safe as possible...and start work anew on Russia's own nuclear weaponry. False intelligence were given to the right people, making sure that the U.S watchdogs would see only the illusion they were being permitted to see, while the danger increased, little by little.

Soon, Russia was ready.

It took a single word, just one command. A push of a button... and the world disintegrated.

Once the superpowers, current and potential - America, the European Union, China and India - had been dealt with, Russia sought to ally herself with the one potential superpower that had not been destroyed, had not been targeted: Japan. Yet, the children of the Land of the Rising Sun refused, for theirs was a blooming economy despite the unrest, a peaceful race now, and none dared disrupt the uneasy peace they had been building since the end of the second world war.

And so it was that Japan, too, became a target. Russian troops stormed its capital, slaughtered civilians and politicians and leaders alike. What little government remained fought to marshal the country's own military power, drafted able men as young as 16, if only to be able to hold back the charge of this Slavic race.

Yet, for all her efforts, Japan, too, fell, after a gallant resistance that lasted 3 months. Tokyo was occupied, its remaining citizens closely guarded.

Russia now looks to the Japan's promising neighbors - particularly the Southeast - and Korea, for surely there yet remained some buried treasure of sorts in some unexplored area. But these nations wer e not without power of their own. Soldiers, weary from battle in the Middle East, returned to their homes only to take up arms once more, manning evacuation efforts, planning defenses, fortifying strategic strongholds and fortresses scattered throughout the region. Any and all enmity that had remained between these countries disappeared, gone out the window.

Knowing that she had allies in Asia, America agreed to send what troops she could spare to aid in the impending battle. England, too, agreed, and would supply weapons should they have need of them. No word had arrived from China or India as to the war effort, but intelligence reports have revealed that an allegiance with the Eastern and Southern Asian regions would soon be inevitable.

And then, surprisingly, Japan, though already wounded, agreed to help, would send her best soldiers into battle, if only to help prevent the Orient from falling entirely under the crushing weight of the Russian hammer or collapse from the blow of its sickle.

And another surprise was revealed: a new weapon that had thankfully not fallen into Russian hands. Newly-developed and untested, but a weapon nonetheless. Two 'samples' were granted to each country involved, but those who took responsibility for the weapons' use were cautioned: if used improperly, he who held the weapon would perish, and the weapon destroyed, useful no more.

This weapon, as it would be revealed later, was part mechanical, part organic. Each sample was no bigger than a postage stamp, could easily be slipped into a pocket, yet was more powerful than the most dangerous of the Russian missiles. Each contained one - and only one - beast, some creature either real or imagined. But in order for their powers to be utilized, they had to have a host, hence the warning issued along with the weapon. 'Choose your weapon-bearer carefully, for you may never choose again', it had said.

Now a defector from the Russian army - and the first successful weapon-bearer - seeks to lead a team of men equipped with this new weapon into Russia and into the Slavic stronghold, to destroy the monstrous army from within. The mission - codenamed Sui Generis - has yet to be formed, however, as the identities of fellow weapon-bearers or Amrita have not been revealed.

The call to arms has been sounded across the globe, and a new, dangerous power provided for only the worthy and able. Who stands now to accept this challenge, to harbor this power within them, destroy the enemy - the harbinger of death?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:29 am

Comrade:

I wish you no ill will. Though I bear the countenance of an enemy, I feel no connection with the Motherland; therefore, I have renounced her. What Russia did is wrong, and though we wish we could return to the past, prevent such things from happening, we cannot do so. I have fled from the North, abandoned my station and my troops, in the hopes that I may do something to help stop further occupations, and to prevent similar occurances from happening in the future.

I trust you know our condition - indeed, the condition of roughly 65-70% of the world - and how little chance we stand against the Russian army. Though we scrabble about, seeking to fortify our defenses and stock supplies, though we train new recruits day in and day out, it is not enough. Russia, with all her warriors and weapons at hand, cannot be stopped.

At least, not by conventional means. Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to reveal our plans as yet; perhaps in due time or as needed.

You have, no doubt, recieved the 'gift' contained within this correspondence, from Daita-sensei. For little over a year now, he and his fellows have been working on a new weapon, part biological, part mechanical...and something else, which I cannot discern; I am doubtful, though, that is within natural convention, but belongs to something more ethereal.

I have seen the damage this new weapon can do, if wielded by the right person. However, the criteria for choosing a soldier to wield the weapon differs between the samples; I cannot explain how, but the weapon chooses the wielder. Bear that in mind, comrade, and allow the weapon its will; once you force it to cooperate with an unwanted bearer, that one will be lost forever, and the collective power of all fourteen weapons would have been diminished

Yes, fourteen. Only fourteen of these have been successfully manufactured. My brother and fellow comrade holds one, as do I. You hold two samples now, in your hands. Again I caution you: do not choose for the weapon, for it can choose for itself. You will know - believe me - when it has chosen, and when you have your two Amrita - the weapon-bearers - pray inform me, so I may contact them personally. There is a mission they must complete, should they choose to take responsibility.

Godspeed.

Colonel Katya Alekseyvna Ivanova

flameangel_child524

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

flameangel_child524

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:39 am
SUI GENERIS

Name:Katya Alekseyvna Ivanova
Appearance: User Image(first meeting/briefing; remove coat for 'downtime' or relaxation)

User Image (on mission; add coat if in cold countries)

Commendable Skills: Expert marksman; highly-skilled close-combat fighter, both armed and unarmed
Seijuu/Element: Aglaia/Fire
Team Position: n/a
Played by: flameangel_child524

--------------------

Comrade:

As you can see from the list enclosed, this team has been codenamed Sui Generis. The mission, too, bears this name.

As soon as the Amrita have been chosen by the Seijuu, send me the required information, which I shall forward to my current commanding officer. We will need the following:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Commendable Skills[/b]

Once recieved, the information will be processed, and added to the list, along with their Seijuu. Each man's team position will be decided on later, at the onset of the mission.

I pray you act quickly, comrade. The Russian forces grow daily, as does their stronghold. If we wait too long, our target may be impenetrable, and then all will be lost, even with the Seijuu and the Amrita guiding them.

I take heart in your swiftness of action.

Colonel Katya Alekseyvna Ivanova

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:53 am
RULES

1. First of all, please copy the code provided above, and PM it me with the subject "Amrita". Questions regarding the RP should also be PMed to me.

2. Don't post anything in this thread until the go-ahead has been given (like an opening post in the character of Katya).

3. You cannot really choose your Seijuu or your element. I already have a list of the Seijuu and their elements, and the 'criteria' for that spirit beast's Amrita (hence the 'commendable skills' part). However, you may include a list of up to three Seijuu you'd like your character to be paired with, the first one being your first choice and the other two as back-up, should he first one be taken.

4. In line with #3, there will be skills that characters will have in common, but there has to be some areas where not all excel. So make sure you don't just copy-paste some other character's commendable skills; this makes it a bit easier to make a match with the Seijuu, should all three of your choices be taken already.

5. In case you haven't guessed it yet, you'll need to include two 'appearance' pics, both taken using the Dream Avatar Generator at tektek.org. Please include at least one plausible weapon in your 'on mission' pic.

6. I'll be requiring that you choose a nationality or country of origin. And if possible, make the name fit that country/region. The six available ones are: Southeast Asia (too many countries, so they're only one region); America; the European Union (kindly research on this); China; India; and Korea. Katya, having defected and gone to Japan, is counted as being from Japan.

7. There will be deaths, but only certain members of Sui Generis will be targets. So pay attention to various posts (both in-character and narration); there may be clues.

8. Have fun! I know, there are a lot of rules (more than the previous RP), but...*sigh* I have this thing for organization, which extends to my RPing. So please bear with me.

flameangel_child524

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

flameangel_child524

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:59 am
The Seijuu

Name: AGLAIA
Color: red
Element: fire
Animal: phoenix
Traits: passion/aggression
Amrita: Katya Alekseyvna Ivanova

Name: KELAICHE
Color: silver/pale gray
Element: water
Animal: caladrius (a pure white bird)
Traits: aid/healing
Amrita:

Name: ADRAMEHL
Color: white
Element: lightning/electricity
Animal: tiger
Trait: correct use of strength
Amrita:

Name: RIANTHE
Color: yellow
Element: wind
Animal: griffin
Traits: speed/decisiveness
Amrita:

Name: STIRIA
Color: electric blue
Element: ice
Animal: sphinx
Traits: steadfastness
Amrita:

Name: DUOS
Color: dull orange
Element: earth
Animal: amphisbaena
Traits: caution
Amrita:

Name: HAUDENSIE
Color: deep purple
Element: poison
Animal: chimera
Traits: flexibility/adaptability
Amrita:

Name: YOGAROU
Color: red-orange
Element: fire
Animal: Fox
Traits: cunning
Amrita:

Name: NERIEUS
Color: deep blue
Element: water
Animal: sea serpent
Traits: deceit
Amrita:

Name: KUROU
Color: black
Element: lightning/electricity
Animal: lion
Traits: impatience/recklessness
Amrita:

Name: LUONG
Color: light blue-green
Element: wind
Animal: dragon
Traits: confusion/uncertainty
Amrita:

Name: NOVAE
Color: pale blue
Element: ice
Animal: wolf
Traits: craftiness
Amrita:

Name: MAKAI
Color: gray
Element: earth
Animal: snake
Traits: stealth
Amrita:

Name: VENARI
Color: toxic green
Element: poison
Animal: basilisk
Traits: instantaneous destruction
Amrita:

------------------------------

Obviously, Seijuu names that have been crossed out are no longer available. I'm carrying this over from another of my guilds, and so have kept my basic character and her partner, but essentially this RP's starting off from scratch again.

Again, questions on the beasts - and on the RP in general - should be PMed to me; I don't have mod-status here, and OOC posts that just clutter up the thread can get annoying after a while.

Looking forward to RPing with you all. =)

13: Rp Forest

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games