Submit

Are you helping?
  Yay!
  or...
  Nay?
View Results

Parkent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:19 am
I want to purchase some VC games for my wii... I have Verison Wireless Broadband internet connection, what other accessories do I need to make this happen? I'd don't know where else to turn and I'm not that great with computers, Help me, Nintendo Cult your my ownly hope!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:22 am
If you connect wirelessly to the internet, there probably shouldn't be any problem.

As long as you have the net, a router, and the Points Card, then everything's AWWWWRIGHT.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Parkent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:32 am
no I don't have wi-fi do I need one of these?

http://www.target.com/Net-Connect-for-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B000X2DP8O/qid=1233852541/ref=br_1_8/177-0357211-8220507?ie=UTF8&node=366528011&frombrowse=1&pricerange=&index=target&field-browse=366528011&rank=pmrank&rh=&page=2  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:40 am
Parkent
no I don't have wi-fi do I need one of these?

http://www.target.com/Net-Connect-for-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B000X2DP8O/qid=1233852541/ref=br_1_8/177-0357211-8220507?ie=UTF8&node=366528011&frombrowse=1&pricerange=&index=target&field-browse=366528011&rank=pmrank&rh=&page=2

I see...

I'm fairly certain there's also a thing you can plug into the USB of your computer that can serves as a wireless thingy...

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:59 am
If you have Wireless internet, then go to your internet settings on your Wii and search from an access point.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:56 am
Meta_Fish
If you have Wireless internet, then go to your internet settings on your Wii and search from an access point.

i.e. at a facility that provides it.
It can't connect otherwise, should you want to use it.  

Tae-Kwon-Doh-Boy

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:05 pm
Tae-Kwon-Doh-Boy
Meta_Fish

i.e. at a facility that provides it.
It can't connect otherwise, should you want to use it.
i.e. = example?
And... duh. /regmoment  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:18 am

If I understand correctly, he does not have a cable model or a wireless router. He has the Verizon Wireless Broadband connection that plugs into your USB for mobile internet. Something used for not needing a Hotspot when connecting to internet outdoors.

These cannot hook up to a router, have no ethernet ports/wires, nor can be used on more than one computer at a time (unless you have more than one Mobile Broadband adapter). However, if you have an extra USB port, you can try the Nintendo Wifi USB connection. It's supposed to work as long as the PC has any broadband connection, but will only work for Nintendo Wifi. So for consoles like the 360 or PS3, this will not help them.

The Nintendo WiFi USB product was discontinued, and is no longer sold in stores. So you may have to resort to eBay, or something or the liking.

Syn of Sin

Parkent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:01 pm
Syn Angellus

If I understand correctly, he does not have a cable model or a wireless router. He has the Verizon Wireless Broadband connection that plugs into your USB for mobile internet. Something used for not needing a Hotspot when connecting to internet outdoors.

These cannot hook up to a router, have no ethernet ports/wires, nor can be used on more than one computer at a time (unless you have more than one Mobile Broadband adapter). However, if you have an extra USB port, you can try the Nintendo Wifi USB connection. It's supposed to work as long as the PC has any broadband connection, but will only work for Nintendo Wifi. So for consoles like the 360 or PS3, this will not help them.

The Nintendo WiFi USB product was discontinued, and is no longer sold in stores. So you may have to resort to eBay, or something or the liking.

yeah that is my exact problem, and I was hoping to buy whatever I need from Target cause I got a Target gift Card for Xmas  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:40 pm
I have a Nintendo USB Connector. It works really well, as long as your Wii is fairly close to your computer.  

Dude-LAP

'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff