Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 3
Release Date??

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chef Tine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:48 pm
I was wandering around the sims3 website and found out the ship date was in june.... now for some reason my friend at work thinks its this month?

sweatdrop

I though it was too! Now I have to wait longer!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:16 pm
It originally WAS this month but EA have pushed back the release. June the 2nd for USA and either the 4th or 5th depending on where else you live in the world.

Most people assume that it has been delayed to quash the remaining bugs but EA said its just so that they can market it more and get greater interest for the game.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Chef Tine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:51 am
Ah.... -_- figures...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:49 pm
Ugh it was soo close too.

I cancelled my preorder. I could use that $70 for something else before june >.>  

Alec Eifel

NiteWisp

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:05 pm
AmnesiacX

I cancelled my preorder. I could use that $70 for something else before june >.>

Same...although it was only about $50 in my case ninja
I still plan to buy it when it comes out though...I just don't want to wait 4 months on a preorder... o_O  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:08 pm
Yeah I wanted the special edition one haha.

I may preorder again in like may.  

Alec Eifel

Fin Raziel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:12 pm
AmnesiacX

Me, too! Damn it, I was so excited! crying

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:25 am
Menaceman
It originally WAS this month but EA have pushed back the release. June the 2nd for USA and either the 4th or 5th depending on where else you live in the world.

Most people assume that it has been delayed to quash the remaining bugs but EA said its just so that they can market it more and get greater interest for the game.

Is it just me or does that seem greedy of EA to push it back for nothing other than to get greater interest?  

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

Chef Tine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:48 am
Yea it does seem greedy. But if you look at it from their point of view it's a great decision. Fans that were ify about buying it might decide to go ahead and get it june. Plus.. more money for them. And money makes the world go round.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:04 pm
Chef Tine
Yea it does seem greedy. But if you look at it from their point of view it's a great decision. Fans that were ify about buying it might decide to go ahead and get it june. Plus.. more money for them. And money makes the world go round.

Yep, exactly. I see a lot of people are mad, but they're speaking with words, not money. They don't understand that corporations are deaf to words, but they can speak money. As long as people are buying their product and they're making profit off of it, as far as they're concerned, people are happy with their product and what they've done with it. I know that a lot of pissed off simmers are just going to mouth off in journals and forums but still pre-order and buy the game when it comes out.

Don't get me wrong, it's not my problem and I don't have one with buying it when it comes out. If they want to buy it right away and confirm EA's belief that pushing it back was a good decision, then it's totally up to them. I'm not buying S3, so I've got no problem either way.  

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

The Sims 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces