Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
My Yotube Game Review Career Begins

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Reason For Your Death

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:54 am
http://www.youtube.com/user/ultimatewarrior12  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:19 pm
You seriously need to position your camera on a tripod or something. Also, if you want to do this seriously, consider getting a better microphone.

Actually, consider completely foregoing showing yourself in the video at all, to be frank, it's kind of boring just staring at your face. Try throwing in some images or video of the game you're talking about.  

nitnit
Captain

The_Hbot

5,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:23 pm
Yeah, I agree. Stable camera, and make it interesting. You ever heard of or seen the Angry Video Game Nerd? Or the Nostalgia Critic?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:39 pm
Angry Game Nerd doesn't actually review games... he takes old (mostly) crappy games, and butchers them for flaws that were often very common of the time. He then goes on a rant of made up swears, and then does a little skit of either destroying the cartridge, or being attacked by something related to it.

Admittedly on occasion it's amusing, but still, it's no Arby n' Chief (one of the very few series I actually enjoy on youtube)  

nitnit
Captain

The Reason For Your Death

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:08 am
thanks for the advice...... only problem being I know not how to edit  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:03 am
If you're on a Windows computer (who isn't), you can use Windows Movie Maker, which should have come with your computer. A Google search could turn up some interesting alternatives. There seems to be more options for Apple and Linux computers, if you happen to have one.  

darkslasherX
Crew

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:02 pm
It's funny, while it may be easier to implement cool edits with other movie programs, you can do almost everything with WMM.

Just go into WMM, put in your video / audio file, then edit in interesting stuff. Throw in video/screenshots/audio or whatever of the game you're playing. For example, if you think that a game has some good music, throw in a short clip of it (keep the clips short though! like 10-15 seconds max, I can look up the song myself if I want to) or if you think that a game has really bad controls, throw in a little video of yourself playing exemplifying the nonreactive controls.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games