Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quadadiddle
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:00 pm
Kraeven
I read this somewhere?

There is a specific element to use when applying a ritualistic practice to a certain body part.
I only paid attention to Fire since it is my element of nature.

Fire = Mind, heart, and genitals.

That's all I know. I'll see if I can find out the rest some time soon.

Yay, now I know what to use after my castration biggrin

That is kinda interesting though, with the elements and whatnot. I'll hafta look somethin up.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:50 pm
I was reading that blood is an excellent 'tool' for attuning runes and other items to you. It doesn't have to be a lot, obviously, just enough to dot the item and tie it to you. This is especially true for runes because of the lore behind them; the original runes given in the Eddas were stained with the blood of a god. For women, menstrual fluid can be used if you're squeamish about pricking your finger. Make sure that whatever you use to cut or p***k with is sanitized before you use it. Infections aren't fun.

As for the hair and nails thing, that's very original and a good concept.
3nodding  

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Quadadiddle
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:05 am
Yeah I know tha blood is very good for marking stuff.

I never bleed though D: I stabbed myself with a straight pin in home ec and all I got was a miniscule red dot.

Maybe I'm Hercules..

Who put the glad in gladiator?
Hercules!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:36 am
Quadadiddle

I never bleed though D: I stabbed myself with a straight pin in home ec and all I got was a miniscule red dot.

Maybe I'm Hercules..

Hercules!
You may have also aimed wrong... or have small veins.

And yes, through various systems, parts of the body are associated with different elements and the like... I just forget where I have that system information. gonk  

Jameta
Captain

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:31 pm
If you go by the different astrological signs and thier body parts that may help;

Aries: Fire, the head and mind
Taurus: Earth, the throat, neck and voicebox.
Gemini: Air, Lungs/breathing
Cancer: Water, stomache/digestion
Leo: Fire, heart, blood
Virgo: Earth, um, I forget?
Libra: Air, I still forget...
Scorpio: Water, the sexual organs
Sagittarius: Fire, still forgetting...
Capricorn: Earth
Aquarius: Air
Pisces: Water

I'll edit this one later when I actually have a book in front of me...
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:09 pm
Jameta
Quadadiddle

Maybe I'm Hercules..

Hercules!
You may have also aimed wrong... or have small veins.

And yes, through various systems, parts of the body are associated with different elements and the like... I just forget where I have that system information. gonk

Gah, I wasn't aiming domokun

I was pinning my fabric together and the sunuvabeech came at me like a greased up pig going down a water slide.

I'm so corny :XP

Quadadiddle
Crew

blukattt
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:03 am
I often use "self products" (unsure of the proper general term) in my spells; it's actually quite common. Most female pagans that I know have used their menstrual blood as a part of spells, to varying degrees of frequency.

With regards to the dangers of "a spell backfiring and you having a direct link to it.", I have to argue against that one, my reasoning is simply this:

You are the one that is the creator of that spell, so from that point, how much closer could you get to a spell, hair clippings or whatever else?

Just look at bottle spells; often times, if the bottle was for a specific person they would add urine, blood, semen, menstrual blood, etc. (Bottle spells are an area I have become quite proficient in. wink )

On a side note, I'd just like to say hi to everyone, sorry I was gone forever!!!! cry  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:51 pm
Quadadiddle
I was wondering if any of you have ever used parts of your body symbolic to something in a ritual. Like since your hair grows back, a lock of it can symbolize regenration, as could nail clippings. I read something about a woman using breast milk (after her child stopped breast feeding and moved onto the bottle) in a ritual, but I forget what it was symbolic of.

But yeah, any ideas on if it would work or not? I just trimmed my hair and was wondering if it would be a good idea to use it in a ritual aimed towards growth and empowerment.

Not nessesarily using body parts to symbolize stuff, but I DO certain things, such as walking medetaions, or stuff with repeditive motions (Such as a few simple dance steps. And no, not the macarena) Though I have also heard the theory of DOING things that certain gods cannot, such as smoking nice cigars, or drinking. And as worship goes, that's not a bad way to do it.  

Leith

Naomi Tinuveil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:05 pm
Different parts of your body ((depending on the part)) are used for various different things in spellwork. Thing such as hair, clippings, bodily fluids of all kinds, blood, etc . . . can be very paticular and help greatly; used mostly in old mixtures. Not so much in the New Age stuff; I've come across quite a few remedies that have called for Menstral Blood ((not uncommon)), a few strands of undamaged hair, the infected mucas of your recent illness; even dandriff and whatnot; I've come across the strangest ((or if you want to say, grossest of them)) especially when dealing in potion, brew, remedies and such . . . not just 'spellwork' it's a wide range that can't be sum'd up in one sitting. But yes, it is not uncommon; in fact, in the old day it was highly common as the normal thing to use things from your own body to aid with your need. It's also symbolic that you are willing to 'give' or 'sacrifice' a part of yourself in return for you desired effect.

Hope I helped a bit
Sorry I ramble
~Asha

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out