Welcome to Gaia! ::

Furry Fandom Fantasy Discussion and RP Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's friendliest furry guild. We even have ID cards. 

Tags: furry, anthro, furrie, fandom, roleplay 

Reply Main Thread
Depression. Major causes and what we should do to help. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shard Of Ronin

7,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:34 am
I remember something I read in an Animorphs book, Tobias mentions that it's impossible to feel sorry for yourself when you're working out big time.

It's true: go for a run, choose a route that'll really challenge you. Angry you may get, but after a week of miserable that's a very nice feeling.

Or do some big resistance work in the gym if you're an inner-city type person.

Trust me, it works. It may not last very long, but it breaks the monotony and that feels great.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:28 pm
MIne doesn't come from most places. Mine was frm whe nI was a child. no one ever cured for what I had to say or what I wanted. I never had any real friends just the friend that use you for things untell they are bored of you/you're stuff. My mom always said I was useless, and stuff. So I grew in to knowing how I'm not liked and will not be liked. although my spelling lacks, my commen smarts, and indept brain power is really good. It's not that I'm smart, but I see the things that most wont want to see, I'm detaled, all because I never had anyone to help me learn things, I learn them my self, by figering out how it works. But at anycase, I no longer push people away... I just don't let them get close. In my mind I don't chose to be alone, I just think no one cares for me enough to want to hang out. but no matter. this is my life and I live it how I think I should. Anti-deperation pills, help... kinda. I feel that they them selfs do nothing, but make you feel like nothing is wrong, so you feel better.  

Nekuia

CodyDudeTm

Desirable Fatcat

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Champion 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:21 pm
I'm depressed. Mostly for no reason, I think deep a lot, and gives me a real feeling of my absence of doing things that really affect people. Unless someone from my school becomes a senator because I said hi, or changes the world because I talked to them about it, I don't know what I do affects anyone.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:24 pm
justice_prime
I think music can be a tool for folks to feel better... All I do is listen to some upbeat or light hearted music and sing along and I feel better in a matter of minutes.

Justice...I agree completely. That's why I shun most popular music and listen to the themes of mecha anime. That always does the trick. Helps with homework, too.  

Shin Majin

Mega Tipper

12,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

xXSad KittehXx

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:01 pm
justice_prime
I think music can be a tool for folks to feel better... All I do is listen to some upbeat or light hearted music and sing along and I feel better in a matter of minutes.

except when even the music you love gets you down
i cant really do anything anymore with out feeling sad or depressed and it sucks like hell  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:43 am
xXSad Emo KittehXx
justice_prime

except when even the music you love gets you down
i cant really do anything anymore with out feeling sad or depressed and it sucks like hell

I know that feeling. It sucks right? Nothing is worth doing anymore. You just wanna give up and hide away in your room? Nothing is important... Nothing matters... Even your favorite games/sports/music/etc... Is just not interesting anymore...
I definitely know that feeling.

Here's what I did, and I see you starting it already. I saw this as a problem, right? I knew it wasn't logical to be acting/feeling that way, and that it wasn't normal... It was BULLSHIT that I was feeling like that, right? I have a home, even if it's not a big fancy mansion, it's still a place to sleep at night.
I had food. Maybe not a whole lot of food, but it's better than nothing. Something in the belly is a good thing... And realizing that NOT eating only makes it worse... Eventually your stomach acid becomes too acidic and starts eating at your stomach wall, and that's not fun... Bad experiences. :XP
And, of course, you've got a computer to use. It may be a shitty gateway with dialup connection, but it's better than those kids at the orphanage that don't have one at all...

I then proceeded to go outside and... exercise... Anything... I went camping to take my mind off. Just in my back yard. I grabbed a tent, some canned food, an axe, etc... And I chopped wood until my arms couldn't lift the axe anymore. (I'm not a big guy, so that didn't take long. xD )
And then I read a book in the tent...
The next day, I made sure to stay outside of the house... Whatever it took... I needed to be out.
Ran a little... Did pushups...
I started taking Tai Kwon Do classes in high school, because I didn't want to do any sports (Flaw in my logic there? ninja )
I started doing new things... And kept doing new things... Meeting new people by FORCING myself to do all this...
It was hard at first... REALLY F***ing HARD TO DO, because it seemed pointless...

I'm currently in the Navy studying to be a Nuclear Electrician for an aircraft carrier. I'm... a happier person. It CAN get better. But it starts with you, my friend...
If you need a friend to talk to, just ask anyone in the guild. You can talk to me too. ^^  

RavendorFoxx
Captain

Shin Majin

Mega Tipper

12,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:33 pm
I heard in my phych class that aerobic exercise makes your brain release happiness chemicals!

Also, if your music is making you depressed, maybe you're listening to the wrong stuff...I advise King Gainer Over and Mazin Kenzan. The former is fun to dance to, also...  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:05 pm
I have a case of depression, acctualy, but I try to hide it.

I always feel lonely and that my life sucks. It's turned me from my fun loving self, to a insecure wierdo in society, or so some people say.  

xTh3R3ap3rx

RanDaYena
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:46 pm
Ive dealt with depression before and I kinda dip in and out of it every now and then. it hit me back when all sorts of s**t was happing, like my house burning down other junk that all came down at the same time. I lost the drive to continue life ya know? feeling hopeless and empty with nothing to help me. but I was wrong I ahd a few great friends that helped me realize that it was all just stuff that can be replaced. they helped me open my eyes and see the important things in life...like my loving family and my freinds that would do anything for me. they helped me realize that you cant let your life get ruined by one set back. you need to press on and conquer the sadness inside you. but I think you just need freinds to help bring you out of the darkness and back to being the happy fur you used to be. *smiles at Ravendor* also takeing on a hobby can help get your mind off things...IE drawing, swimming, dancing music, writing. anything x3  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:27 pm
RanDaYena
Ive dealt with depression before and I kinda dip in and out of it every now and then. it hit me back when all sorts of s**t was happing, like my house burning down other junk that all came down at the same time. I lost the drive to continue life ya know? feeling hopeless and empty with nothing to help me. but I was wrong I ahd a few great friends that helped me realize that it was all just stuff that can be replaced. they helped me open my eyes and see the important things in life...like my loving family and my freinds that would do anything for me. they helped me realize that you cant let your life get ruined by one set back. you need to press on and conquer the sadness inside you. but I think you just need freinds to help bring you out of the darkness and back to being the happy fur you used to be. *smiles at Ravendor* also takeing on a hobby can help get your mind off things...IE drawing, swimming, dancing music, writing. anything x3

your dumb and stupid >.>  

RanDaYena
Crew

Shin Majin

Mega Tipper

12,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:44 am
Uh...what? The above post puzzles me...why are you dissing youself so bluntly?

Are you hacked, or just in a bad mood?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:13 pm
Muteki Rarus
Uh...what? The above post puzzles me...why are you dissing youself so bluntly?

Are you hacked, or just in a bad mood?

naw....he just a crazy who talks to himself a lot...and refers to himself in the third person xD  

RanDaYena
Crew

CodyDudeTm

Desirable Fatcat

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Champion 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:27 pm
I've been feeling better for two reasons.
1. I think I found someone who needs more help than me, so I've been helping her.
2. I got someone ^-^  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:30 pm
Congrats >^^< *hugs* dont mind me, i'm just a friend of Wesley's and i'm catching up on this guild now sweatdrop ...lots 2 read...lots.....to.........read..... gonk  

Tsukasaneko Hack

Liberal Explorer

Furrie Princess Nala

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:42 pm
Trust me your not alone i have been on my own since i left home. When i am surrounded by i bounch of people i feel like i am the only one there as for what to do about it i wish i knew i have been looking for the answer myself.  
Main Thread

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff