Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Vista troubles...?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanus Ex Machina

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:04 am
Yesterday I finally gave in to the charms of Apartment Life and bought it for myself. What can I say, I have a weakness for witches. :P
I have yet to install it though, because I'm worried that my 2GB of RAM isn't going to be enough to run the game smoothly. Already I have issues with my game lagging for insanely long amounts of time (It does this even with the graphics on low quality, and all downloads removed), so I was wondering if upgrading to 4GB of RAM would make my game run faster.
I already looked into the possibility of my graphics card being the cause, but it's supposedly made specifically for gaming, and it does exceed the minimum requirement by quite a bit. Soo, if anyone has any advice on this, it'd be much appreciated if you could share it. c:

EDIT: I'm concerned because Vista is such a pig with RAM. And apparently AL requires 1GB to work properly, so if you add on all the other expansions and their usage of it, then it sounds like it will lag a lot.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:38 am
I run my game on a laptop with all EPs and nearly all SPs installed and didn't really notice any difference in loading times from before I installed AL.

I have no idea what my machine's specs are but I know they are not the best and my machine isn't designed for games.

I would say that adding more RAM would be an excellent idea as I would assume that Vista wont eat any more than it already does.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items