Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Reading Room~* (discussions on books/authors)
silver ravenwolf? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like silver ravenwolf?
  yes
  no
  i've never looked into her
View Results

Bad Quality Serena

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:24 pm
i actually think its the same book by friend got on solitary witchcraft,and it said all this silly stuff about how your pentacle can only be handmade and HAS to be copper or wood.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:22 pm
emo nearly all my books are by her. gonk

I'd like to think they've helped me... Although I always include dragons in all my magic works.

so... damn.

Now what am I suppose to do?! D:

The cake is a LIE!

Anannsul

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:45 am
Anannsul: Set them aside for now. Read some better books, and then come back later and see what they have that is still useful to you.

I wouldn't recommend working with dragons myself. They're wonderful but they do tend to view people as small, vaguely amusing and easy to crush. You'd have to start off by researching them in depth and honouring them before asking them to help you, and even then you never know when they might decide to turn you into a large piece of toast wink

Cunningham's not the worst place to start, although he certainly has his flaws. Otherwise, why don't you tell us which direction you feel your craft and/or your religious practice is going in and we can recommend some sources?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:38 pm
I read a few pages of one of her books. needless to say, I never picked it up again. I pride myself on being a human lie-detector. Or in this case, a human crap-detector.  

Xaolu

Dapper Smoker

9,425 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:38 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Anannsul: Set them aside for now. Read some better books, and then come back later and see what they have that is still useful to you.

I wouldn't recommend working with dragons myself. They're wonderful but they do tend to view people as small, vaguely amusing and easy to crush. You'd have to start off by researching them in depth and honouring them before asking them to help you, and even then you never know when they might decide to turn you into a large piece of toast wink

Cunningham's not the worst place to start, although he certainly has his flaws. Otherwise, why don't you tell us which direction you feel your craft and/or your religious practice is going in and we can recommend some sources?

If she read Dragonology, which is useful, she'd understand dragons.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:42 am
She claims to have "witch" ancestors.

She should meet Kayla. Her great grandmother was a real witch, and so is Kayla. There's a lineage in her family, that's been going for generations. No wonder Kayla ranted about Silver for almost a week and a half...

I say Ravenwolf needs to re-write her books, get re-educated and get a reality check.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:19 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

If she read Dragonology, which is useful, she'd understand dragons.

You know that book is fiction, right?

Azareas Aquarinus

She should meet Kayla. Her great grandmother was a real witch, and so is Kayla. There's a lineage in her family, that's been going for generations. No wonder Kayla ranted about Silver for almost a week and a half...

How do you know if Kayla's claims are any more or less true than Ravenwolf's?  
*~Reading Room~* (discussions on books/authors)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games