Submit

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:27 pm
A guy who was arrested in Wisconsin for open carry on his own land sued against the law the arrest and gun seizure was based on. Took a s**t ton of effort, but with support from open carry groups, he prevailed!

Congratulations are in order. Now the cops in Wisconsin can't just take a person's gun without valid cause. Yay for our side! One less stupid anti-gun law to fight.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/39722082.html  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:48 pm
*pops open a bottle of non-alcoholic cider* This calls for a celebration!

But not big enough to warrant champagne.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:49 pm
Jubilations!

And, may I add,

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:17 pm
I think some celabratory sober plinking is on order?  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:00 am
Orkronos
I think some celabratory sober plinking is on order?
User Image

It's 1AM and I have to work tomorrow. AFTER THAT, though...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:50 am
Excellent!

Perhaps one day they will allow Conceal and Carry in Wisconsin.  

OberFeldwebel

Anima_Raptor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:17 pm
*Opens an actual bottle of champagne*

Sorry kiddies, this one's for me XD  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:00 am
Roflcopter!

*holds out a glass*  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:11 am
http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2009/02/14/bnews/br26.txt

Montana is passing a bill to end state enforcement of all federal gun laws on guns manufactured in and used in Montana. It's passed the house by a wide margin, and is soon to meet the senate. They're repealing all the NFA laws. NFA '68, NFA '34, gone. They also have no state background check.

BREAK OUT THE 1900 MERLOT, BOYS.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:13 am
Fresnel

Montana is passing a bill to end state enforcement of all federal gun laws on guns manufactured in and used in Montana. It's passed the house by a wide margin, and is soon to meet the senate. They're repealing all the NFA laws. NFA '68, NFA '34, gone. They also have no state background check.

We need these guys to start doing this s**t on imports, think of all the possible weapons we could get?
Reproduction MP40s and MP44s, SVT-38/40s that the damn Canadians have, no offense you lucky b*****d.

We also need some people to really allow the soldiers to bring home war tropheys. Good god, they sign their lives over and you can't let them take home a keepsake?  

OberFeldwebel

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:20 am
Fresnel

I've known about this for a while. There are even other states following suit with similar "******** YOU!"s to the .gov. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:24 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

We need these guys to start doing this s**t on imports, think of all the possible weapons we could get?
Reproduction MP40s and MP44s, SVT-38/40s that the damn Canadians have, no offense you lucky b*****d.

We also need some people to really allow the soldiers to bring home war tropheys. Good god, they sign their lives over and you can't let them take home a keepsake?
Of course, just to emphasize, their law ONLY affects firearms MADE in Montana, and KEPT in Montana*. It would requires a FEDERAL change of laws to remove the restrictions on imports, because that's not only intra-state, it's intra-country. The .gov has control over intra-state commerce, which is often taken advantage of to control things not being sold or purchased intra-state, because of wide margins. Several states have finally said ******** you to having their inter-state commerce controlled, when the government does not have the power to do so.

*This leads me ot believe that even if it was made in Montana, you couldn't send it out-of-state, or take it out, and bring it back and it still be applicable to the lack of laws.  

uryu ishida

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:25 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

I kind of want a PPSh-41, but all I need for that is a set of plans and a barrel. Those things were made in auto garages during WW2.

I wonder how hard it would be to find and trace something like that. Anyone know how long it was before Maadi got jackboot'd?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:27 am
uryu ishida
Fresnel

I've known about this for a while. There are even other states following suit with similar "******** YOU!"s to the .gov. mrgreen
Hmm. Maybe the new AWB might be the catalyst for all the conservative states to give the .gov the finger and start doing their own s**t. I don't think our boys in the military have the gumption these days to start another civil war. It's harder to kill your brothers, neighbors, and friends than it is to kill strangers who look different and speak a different language halfway across the world.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:38 am
Yeah, I know that the locals don't have the power.
But hopefully the other law makers or whatever will start seeing that s**t and follow suit.

Yeah, I know it's for guns made in Montana, just want them to extend it to others, and imports as well.

You know what I mean.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff