View Results

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:41 pm
Crash Maniac
Fresnel
Crash Maniac
I have a medium duffel that this goes in... I'm saving to get a maxpedition of some sort for a smaller go kit.
You might like this then.

thats not bad. i was looking into a larger version. i also wanted to get one of those hip bags from maxpedition.
Just thought I'd pass the info along. You said you wanted a Maxpedition bag, and I remembered the email I got from LAPG a couple days ago advertising that.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:43 am
Wouldn't an ALICE pack carry all that?

Or are you gonna go with that new age MOLLE stuff?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

But for grab and go, I don't think you can beat a dufflebag.
Just a pain in the a** though because all that load is on one shoulder.

Mechanical devices break down, that Brita waterfilter may work for a while but when it breaks it's pretty useless, you can't use it for a container to boil water 'cause it's plastic.

Might as well bring a metal pot instead.

Invest in one or two of these.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:19 am
OberFeldwebel

I have a pack with a few MOLLE straps on it (mostly on top of the cover flap, which is bloody stupid), but it fits an ALICE frame. I'm wondering where I can find a cheap ALICE frame. I've never seen one for under $25.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:41 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

I have a pack with a few MOLLE straps on it (mostly on top of the cover flap, which is bloody stupid), but it fits an ALICE frame. I'm wondering where I can find a cheap ALICE frame. I've never seen one for under $25.

I got lucky and found one at a garage sale for $10 or $15. 3nodding

Problem is I don't know what happened to my ratty ALICE pack. sad  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:57 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

xd

My parents got fed up with buying me a Wal-Mart backpack twice a year for school, so my sophomore year they dropped $150 on this assault pack I have. From the beginning of my sophomore year until now (four years), it's got scratched buckles on the belly band (which I'd fastened under it for months until I realized it came off) and some minor scuffs on the bottom cordura, but it's still in tip-top condition, and I didn't baby it. I don't know if that says something about the Wal-Mart packs, my current pack, or both, but either way this is one tough ******** pack with no zippers to bust and an impressive storage capacity.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:06 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

xd

My parents got fed up with buying me a Wal-Mart backpack twice a year for school, so my sophomore year they dropped $150 on this assault pack I have. From the beginning of my sophomore year until now (four years), it's got scratched buckles on the belly band (which I'd fastened under it for months until I realized it came off) and some minor scuffs on the bottom cordura, but it's still in tip-top condition, and I didn't baby it. I don't know if that says something about the Wal-Mart packs, my current pack, or both, but either way this is one tough ******** pack with no zippers to bust and an impressive storage capacity.

Yeah, I would have switched from using cheap a** school backpacks to using Milsurp stuff but the school had a dumbass rule about keeping your backpacks in your locker.
The lockers were too small to keep any of my packs in it.

Then I got sick of it and just carried my backpack everywhere.
Honestly, what were they trying to prevent? People from saving time?

It's funny, they make up all these dumbass rules to help 'prevent' school shootings but never opt to have more armed police or, when age is apparently appropriate, let people C&C with their licenses.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:16 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

xd

Yeah, I would have switched from using cheap a** school backpacks to using Milsurp stuff but the school had a dumbass rule about keeping your backpacks in your locker.

It's funny, they make up all these dumbass rules to help 'prevent' school shootings but never opt to have more armed police or, when age is apparently appropriate, let people C&C with their licenses.
My school didn't give a s**t. We had 600 kids, no lockers, and roofs you could climb on using the hand railings and the steel awnings. In fact, I had a few friends do it when their shoes ended up on the roof for... various reasons. Our security guard was an old guy on a golf cart, completely disarmed. No gun, no taser, not even a baton. He just knew everyone's face, and so if you did something wrong he knew who you were. No need to chase a kid when you know what classes he has and what name to put on the detention slip.

For a while we had weekly bomb threats where we had to all clear out of the building and stand in the EXACT SAME SPOTS on the football field while the fire department and the cops went from room to room searching corners, desks, and backpacks. You'd think they'd have realized that any bomber worth his/her salt would just plant their bomb on the football field. Hell, our school had a rifle team. We had a trailer sitting in the driveway full of ARs and ammo twice a week, and a dozen students who were well-trained enough to become impromptu snipers. Not exactly CCW, but far better than most schools.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:47 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

xd

My school didn't give a s**t. We had 600 kids, no lockers, and roofs you could climb on using the hand railings and the steel awnings. In fact, I had a few friends do it when their shoes ended up on the roof for... various reasons. Our security guard was an old guy on a golf cart, completely disarmed. No gun, no taser, not even a baton. He just knew everyone's face, and so if you did something wrong he knew who you were. No need to chase a kid when you know what classes he has and what name to put on the detention slip.

For a while we had weekly bomb threats where we had to all clear out of the building and stand in the EXACT SAME SPOTS on the football field while the fire department and the cops went from room to room searching corners, desks, and backpacks. You'd think they'd have realized that any bomber worth his/her salt would just plant their bomb on the football field. Hell, our school had a rifle team. We had a trailer sitting in the driveway full of ARs and ammo twice a week, and a dozen students who were well-trained enough to become impromptu snipers. Not exactly CCW, but far better than most schools.

Far better?
That's beyond far.
You could go out there, load, and kill the sob all in the time before a single LEO could arrive.

We had one cop that had a gun and he stood in the same damn spot every day. A spot overlooking the commons.
So any psychopath would know to get him first. Which was entirely possible because he wasn't in a secure room or a catwalk, just at the top of the stairs near the hallway looking down.  

OberFeldwebel

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:49 pm
I got one for you...

During EVERY bomb threat, we went out to the bleachers over the football field. Nobody even checked them first. I actually refused to go up there for that reason during evacuations. It's better to get hit by debris than to be debris.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff