Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Damn damn damn! *update*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inquisitor Brock

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:15 pm
I got a box in my mail today, and to my surprise, I opened it to find two rubberized pouches with two G3 mags in each of them.
Were there anymore I should be expecting, cause I totally forgot about them. >.>

Damn it! After using the G3 mags, I can't get my ******** bolt to open. The whole thing get stuck, and I have to pretty much nerd rage the damn thing open. When I take the buttstock and spring out, it still does it some, but not as much.

I think it's the trigger group that's being a b***h.

Any ideas?

*Update*

Ok, I tried without the trigger pack in, but it still did it. So, with the buttstock and spring in, it still jammed.

So something must be wrong with either the bolt unit itself, the buffer spring, or the receiver itself.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:31 pm
Maybe theres something catching and you have to file an edge down?

Granted i have absolutely no experience when it comes to troubleshooting weapons, to take my word with great prejudice XP  

Anima_Raptor

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:44 pm
I had the same thing happen to my Winchester 190. Now, it's a TOTALLY different gun, so I could be way off. Anyway, what happened to mine is that the recoil plate snapped, and had jammed in the inner workings, freezing the bolt on the way back. It's still KO'd from that injury, I can't find a replacement piece anywhere.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:12 am
It worked fine till I tried forcing the G3 Mags into my mag well. Took some rocking but eventually it worked.

I'll check the mag gap, and if it doesn't get better, I'll ask a professional.  

Inquisitor Brock

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:31 am
eek

Oh crap.

People said that they would work...

Did all of the mags do that?

Anyway, yeah, it was just the 4 mags.
Yeah, I got real busy the one week and couldn't send it.
Went to mail it and the lady said that standard mailing would be $7-something and that 3 day or something would be $8-something so I did the 3 day.
confused  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:50 am
Yeah, but they did fit once I figured out the trick.  

Inquisitor Brock

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:51 pm
Inquisitor Brock
Yeah, but they did fit once I figured out the trick.

Did you try posting your issue on a CETME related board?

http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewforum.php?f=41

Might want to search a little bit though.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games