Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Back to Guilds

Tags: Purple, Moonlight, Chat, Hangout, Moon 

Reply *~Purple Moonlight Haze~*
The Happy Double- Edged Sword of Education (and laziness)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

eeee!
  :O
View Results

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:48 pm
Howdy, howdy smile
I just thought I'd post (cos I have nothing better to do, and sleep is boring :p) to both moan and get all happy about when you reach that step up in education (or, alternatively your job or whatever) - where you know you have to make a big decision, you're abit scared about all the hard work to come, and yet you're excited.
It's a cool feeling, and seems to happen again and again in your life.

Today (after my Geography flatmates have been fretting about figuring out dissertation questions), the history department finally got off their backsides and sent out the booklet that lets you choose your special subjects.
Basically, next year will be my 3rd year at uni - the big one- and the special subject I choose is the biggest module. You have to do a dissertation (10,000 words) attached to this module, so it's important you pick something you'll enjoya nd you think you're good at.
The only problem is that you might not get your choice- it's all pretty random and you can only hope.

It's a bit tragic to say so, but it feels like a lot fo pressure! But i wanted to get it done straight away so I can't worry about it lol

The module I want to do is called 'Heresy,Monasticism and Religious Revolution in the Central Middle Ages' - I love cultural and religious history, and I quite like the medieval period [i'm not a modern historian really], and it's got a lecturer I've had before I quite like.
I put it as my first choice, so hopefully *crosses fingers* i'll get it. I'm excited and I'll be really dissapointed if I don't.

If I don't get it, hopefully i'll get my second choice which is all about Samuel pepy's diary (a guy in the 1600s who saw the fire of london and wars and stuff, and has insights into contemporary life etc). Agaian it's with a great lecturer, but i don't know very much about the 1600s so i'll have to background-read before I start my course. But we shoudl also go on a field trip down to London to read his actual real-lifecopy of teh diary, which is cool.

...oooh i hope I get it!
i'm handing in teh form tomorrow *more finger crossing* lol
No idea when they'll let us know if we get in.*shrugs*

There's be a LOT more work than thsi year- eaisly double or triple. i'm gonna die! xd

Should be good fun though. haha

Anyways - I just wanted to tell people, if only to stop myself fretting whee

Anything big coming up in your life?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:54 pm
Don't die DT....we would be sad.

Nothing exciting coming up in my life though.....there is an art show coming up in March that I'm going to try and get a one or two of my pieces in....I hope.  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:00 pm
Oooh good luck with that 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:24 am
nothing big.. but I'll be having or rather starting my pre internship tomorrow.. and i'm really in a fuss right now over it. lols  

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:57 am
Nothing big has been happening with me either which I would say might be a good sign. ^_^" Only been trying to make things interesting. Like me and my family going on a random drive to another state....or going to movies...restaurants....ect....

I really do hope you get what you want. It would make things a bit better I'm sure. 10,000 words...that sure is a lot!

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games