Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Chatterbox (Games, chat, et cetera)
DO YOU THINK WE NEED MORE MODS? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MORE MODS?
  YES
  NO
View Results

Ronzalpha201

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:18 pm
sure thing stratus. i'll be gone in a day  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:34 pm
On the subject.

I think you do need either new or more mods.

Otherwise this guild will not survive, people are boycotting because of the lack of people.

Which is due to lack of events, competitions and mainly advertising.

I've been a vet of the WTG (the main area for people who need help) for some years and I know the regulars (i've been a mod of two fairly big guilds supporting the same subject); not one of them do I regonise in this guild....!

Admittably some may serve this guilds purpose in other forums but not the WTG.

Whats going on???  

ShinBob

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:26 pm
I've been doing my part for the guild lately. Inviting new members in. As well as holding a few contests on the front page. All of which have been completely ignored by the new members and regulars alike. I help out people with their item quests on occasion. By donating decent sums of gold to those that I think are deserving.

It sounded to me like you are holding this WTG to a higher standard. I'm hoping they aren't any relation to those Word Game regulars. Cause I found many of those people to be quite stuck up.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:05 pm
i think lance is doing quite a good job, but it's the lack of communication between members thats killing the guild. the contests and such serve no purpose to the people who don't come on the forum. at first i didn't think new mods were really needed, but after looking around at the lack of anything happening. i think maybe two or three are needed. we gotta get out there and advertise, go to towns and pick a uninhabited area and start a LOH topic. have the new mods or the old ones go there and run it, asking people if they would like to join. then you deal with these new people specialy and get them to love it so much that they tell their friends to come join. i would do this myself but i'm not a mod so don't have the right to run any events  

megadamasta

Generous Entrepreneur

10,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

ShinBob

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:23 pm
LanceCalvis
I've been doing my part for the guild lately. Inviting new members in. As well as holding a few contests on the front page. All of which have been completely ignored by the new members and regulars alike. I help out people with their item quests on occasion. By donating decent sums of gold to those that I think are deserving.

It sounded to me like you are holding this WTG to a higher standard. I'm hoping they aren't any relation to those Word Game regulars. Cause I found many of those people to be quite stuck up.

Just making sure we are on the same wave length here!

The WTG is also known as the Welcome To Gaia Forum. All most all new poeple will make their first post in that forum. So it is a very high alert area in the sense of people needing help. I know alot of the regulars in that area, this is all i'm saying.

If you want to recruit people that is a hot zone to do it. I would ask/invite however i'm not a mod... but you are! 3nodding

To be fair as well you are probably one of the few who are trying and doing a good job at it. So sorry if it felt like I was attacking you.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:47 pm
ShinBob
LanceCalvis

The WTG is also known as the Welcome To Gaia Forum. All most all new poeple will make their first post in that forum. So it is a very high alert area in the sense of people needing help. I know alot of the regulars in that area, this is all i'm saying.

If you want to recruit people that is a hot zone to do it. I would ask/invite however i'm not a mod... but you are! 3nodding

To be fair as well you are probably one of the few who are trying and doing a good job at it. So sorry if it felt like I was attacking you.

It does not take a mod to recruit . Sending them the link to the guild is the main way i promote gives them a chance to check it out before they join  

xxstratus_affectionxx
Captain

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:45 pm
ShinBob
LanceCalvis

The Welcome to Gaia Forum. Is actually where I have gotten all of the members I recruited from. I always start my reason as to why I invited them off. Welcome to Gaia new and returning users,

Then I tell them something about Gaia. If there is a contest or event at the time. I also make it a point to let them know about it before they even check the guild out. Lately, I've been letting people know about T3e Vending Guild. When I inviting members into the guild as well. The guild is currently the best source of information on Gaia. In terms of how to make gold. Housing more than one member that has make one billion gold legitimately. So as a guild dedicated to helping people. It is smart to provide useful information to the user right off the bat.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:49 pm
LanceCalvis
ShinBob
LanceCalvis

The Welcome to Gaia Forum. Is actually where I have gotten all of the members I recruited from. I always start my reason as to why I invited them off. Welcome to Gaia new and returning users,

Then I tell them something about Gaia. If there is a contest or event at the time. I also make it a point to let them know about it before they even check the guild out. Lately, I've been letting people know about T3e Vending Guild. When I inviting members into the guild as well. The guild is currently the best source of information on Gaia. In terms of how to make gold. Housing more than one member that has make one billion gold legitimately. So as a guild dedicated to helping people. It is smart to provide useful information to the user right off the bat.

Well sounds to me like your a hard worker!

I respect what you do, now I know what it is you do!

And I will now gladley follow and promote.

Tatar.

P.S. Organise a dedicated advertising force.  

ShinBob

ll Kawaii Panda ll

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:40 am
umm i dont really know.....  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:27 am
well NO if all the mod&crews r still active & actively doing their job & YES if they don't heart  

Zariah Khi

Lavish Dabbler

13,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Mason_Reborn

Hilarious Seeker

2,450 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:46 pm
CACTUS!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:44 pm
we need 2-4 crew members of the quality of the old regulars. . . dronze and i are working hard to get this guild cleaned up to the point where people arn't turned off by the haphazard look of things but we can only work so fast and theres only so much we can do.  

Blind Hodd
Crew

Aekea Champion

friedrice31

Dapper Conversationalist

5,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:04 pm
There is actually a surprising lack of mods when the size of the guild is taken into consideration... perhaps we can put on lots of crew members (like 10 or something) and have regular votes for rotating them out every so often. That give you and our members something to do.
also, a guild mod wouldn't have to feel obligated to their position. They can simply choose not to run for re-election and they'd be traded out for others.

Depending on how busy you are, you can make the election dates weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly! (or whatever you feel it should be! just giving examples.)

Yup... been a while since i've posted here... next mod sure as heck aint gonna be me! lol! rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:14 pm
Ronzalpha201
page two cleared. also, don't ban the ones who have donated yet. just focus on the ones who have not donated or posted.

I think I donated as Rocker Chick 2007  

Alucards_Hell

Dangerous Elder

16,965 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Alucards_Hell

Dangerous Elder

16,965 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:22 pm
I got a guild invite BTW ,that is what brought me to this thread....I joined this guild when phishing was running rampant on gaia.......would like to stay in so I can post things I hear!

Chatterbox (Games, chat, et cetera)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff