Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:22 am

User Image

A brew for the OPERATOR in all of us.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:42 pm

Nah, operators, hell even recruits get coffee with triple the caffeine in their MREs

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:51 pm

Shame I can't stand the taste of coffee.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:25 am

You know, it took me this long to realize it says "a dirty hairy finish". I could have sworn it said "a Dirty Harry finish."

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:28 pm

Fresnel
You know, it took me this long to realize it says "a dirty hairy finish". I could have sworn it said "a Dirty Harry finish."
Actually Dirty Harry would have been a better description. With Dirty Harry it sounds badass. Dirty & hairy just sounds disgusting.

Random Fact: In the American Civil War soldiers would make coffee by putting the beans in an old sock. They would crush the sock with the stock of the rifle and a tree stump or some other solid surface. The sock was then boiled for about 15 minutes.

Armas: Have you tried mixing hot coca in with the coffee? That actually tastes pretty good. I've been known to drink massive quantities of coffee, but I can't stand the stuff without any flavoring added.

Buck: source?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:05 pm

Sgt Buckner
Nah, operators, hell even recruits get coffee with triple the caffeine in their MREs

I haven't heard that, though i do know they get those Shock-A-Lots, they are chocolate coated coffee beans. (i'm a caffiene junkie)

war_junky 91

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:11 pm

war_junky 91
Sgt Buckner

I haven't heard that, though i do know they get those Shock-A-Lots, they are chocolate coated coffee beans. (i'm a caffiene junkie)

my dad used to tell me about when they were stationed in germany, and in Saudi... they were issued this liquid "caffeine" that they would add to their coffee.

Not sure exactly what it was.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:01 pm

Crash Maniac
war_junky 91
Sgt Buckner

my dad used to tell me about when they were stationed in germany, and in Saudi... they were issued this liquid "caffeine" that they would add to their coffee.

Crack.

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:57 am

Fresnel
Crash Maniac
war_junky 91
Sgt Buckner

Crack.

I wouldn't doubt it.

They've come quite a way from a small snuff box of 'powder stimulant'.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:36 pm

Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Actually Dirty Harry would have been a better description. With Dirty Harry it sounds badass. Dirty & hairy just sounds disgusting.

Random Fact: In the American Civil War soldiers would make coffee by putting the beans in an old sock. They would crush the sock with the stock of the rifle and a tree stump or some other solid surface. The sock was then boiled for about 15 minutes.

Armas: Have you tried mixing hot coca in with the coffee? That actually tastes pretty good. I've been known to drink massive quantities of coffee, but I can't stand the stuff without any flavoring added.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six (book)

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:51 pm

Sgt Buckner
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel

Rainbow 6 is a work of fiction.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:56 pm

Desert_Fox_Rommel
Sgt Buckner
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel

There's some truth in all fiction books. The premise itself and the characters involved are fictional, sure, but that doesn't mean every detail of it is false.

In this case, however, Tom Clancy is notoriously bad on the facts.

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:04 pm

Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Sgt Buckner
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel

There's some truth in all fiction books. The premise itself and the characters involved are fictional, sure, but that doesn't mean every detail of it is false.

In this case, however, Tom Clancy is notoriously bad on the facts.
I'm sure if you read a few twilight fanfics you will change your opinion of fact within fiction. xd I just like picking on twifags.

Anyway I'd still prefer to state something as fact if I read it from a source that is a little more than fiction. It might be true, but there is a good chance it isn't. I guess the same can be said for just about any source. Anyway fiction still seems pretty unreliable to me.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:11 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff