Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
high priestess classes online... what?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:43 am
ok, so my boss says that she is a qualified wiccan highpriestess because she went online and took classes for it. why does this just sound wrong? also, she does not belong to a coven and told me that you do not have to be in a coven to be a wiccan, which is the complete opposite of what i've always heard. then when i tried explaining to her the way gardner intended the religion to be practiced (sorry couldn't think of a better word atm) she just said "oh, yeah, i've heard of him" ... what the hell? now, i'm not wiccan and don't claim to be, therefore i don't know everything about it, but um... yeah, something about all of that just doesn't sit right. what are your thoughts?

oh, and get this, she also says that she is not a practicing wiccan, that she is just spiritual... so why would she even need to be a high priestess?! to make herself an object of conversation and ridicule?! *beats head against wall*  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:33 pm
I hope your boss didn't pay for the classes. And uh, yeah, she is NOT wiccan.
If she is just "spiritual" why did she even bother with these questionable online classes?  

RubyLight

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:12 pm
whiporwill-o
ok, so my boss says that she is a qualified wiccan highpriestess because she went online and took classes for it. why does this just sound wrong? also, she does not belong to a coven and told me that you do not have to be in a coven to be a wiccan, which is the complete opposite of what i've always heard. then when i tried explaining to her the way gardner intended the religion to be practiced (sorry couldn't think of a better word atm) she just said "oh, yeah, i've heard of him" ... what the hell? now, i'm not wiccan and don't claim to be, therefore i don't know everything about it, but um... yeah, something about all of that just doesn't sit right. wat are your thoughts?

oh, and get this, she also says that she is not a practicing wiccan, that she is just spiritual... so why would se even need to be a high priestess?! to make herself an object of conversation and ridicule?! *beats head against wall*

OI.

Yea, you can not become a Wiccan anything over the interwebs. Wicca is experiential and as such, you need to actually experience the Mysteries in order to learn them. Not to mention the coven environment needed that also is not achievable online.

You can (and I would say, should) try to correct her. If she goes and starts taking on students, she is perpetuating the misinformation sad Which is absolutely reprehensible.

Your boss reminds me of the phrase "The hollow vessel makes the loudest noise" wink  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:49 pm
I undestand that you should be trying to correct this woman but if she's your boss then perhaps its best to tread carefully??

I mean if things get heated between the two of you then you could lose you job. And whilst it might be good to correct her you must remember that it is not your obligation.
Actual wiccans may be obligated to taken action but as a third party you don't have to do anything you don't want to.  

doistu

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:05 pm
doistu
I undestand that you should be trying to correct this woman but if she's your boss then perhaps its best to tread carefully??

I mean if things get heated between the two of you then you could lose you job. And whilst it might be good to correct her you must remember that it is not your obligation.
Actual wiccans may be obligated to taken action but as a third party you don't have to do anything you don't want to.

i did try to gently correct her, but she is one of those people that is always right and you're always wrong, even if you're right. it is worrisome considering that i work at a newage/spiritual/hippie boutique. yes you read that correctly, lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:53 pm
whiporwill-o
i did try to gently correct her, but she is one of those people that is always right and you're always wrong, even if you're right. it is worrisome considering that i work at a newage/spiritual/hippie boutique. yes you read that correctly, lol.

Ugh
>_<
I'm so sorry hon.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Aryain Flames

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:25 pm
wow.thats all i can say. wow. to be a high priestess, u need to be part of a coven, be wiccan, and basicly the oppisite(sorry, spelling issues). if she wont take ur advice, theres not a lot u can do about it, but dont give up. as mentioned earlier, tread carefully since it's ur boss.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:50 pm
Aryain Flames
wow.thats all i can say. wow. to be a high priestess, u need to be part of a coven, be wiccan, and basicly the oppisite(sorry, spelling issues). if she wont take ur advice, theres not a lot u can do about it, but dont give up. as mentioned earlier, tread carefully since it's ur boss.

(If I'm reading this wrong, forgive me blaugh )
One does not necessarily NEED to be a Wiccan to be a High Priestess wink . The position (or something similar to it) is present in other paths too. It's just that for Wicca, since it is a priesthood, all initiates of it are priest/esses 3nodding . It that all makes sense.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:47 pm
that... is FUNNY.
welcome to the world of fluff, made possible by internet classes.
so... how old is the said boss?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:26 am
xXx kitsy xXx
that... is FUNNY.
welcome to the world of fluff, made possible by internet classes.
so... how old is the said boss?

she's in her late 30s, early 40s - somwhere in there... but she looks alot olde than that.  

whiporwill-o

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games