Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Writing on the Wall

Back to Guilds

Are you literate? Do you write poetry, short stories, long stories, prose, roleplays. . . anything? Share your talent with the world! 

Tags: Writing, Poetry, Prose, Stories, RolePlay 

Reply The Writing on the Wall
Writing Help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:04 pm
I am working on my novel currently and I realized that people might need help with something involving what they're writing. This is a place where you can come in and ask for help finding the right rhyme for your poem, the perfect decribing word for your story, the emotion that describes your feelings in your role play, and so on. I know there are a lot of places on the internet where you could just as easily find that stuff but it would be nicer to know exactly where to go for any information you might need. If you need anything, the appropriate beginning or ending, the spelling of a word, the proper word for something, ANYTHING, just ask for it here. Because everyone needs something sometimes.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:15 pm
Thank God I need major help... Thanks Pup you came in right in time! ~.~

So I'm writing a novel, and it's called Half Empty... It's about this girl who's twin sister gets hit by a car and dies. She falls in love with this guy named Jakob. Her father becomes an alcoholic and abuses her. She gets super depressed and starts cutting herself. And to top it all off her sister's (ex, I guess cos she's dead...) boyfriend rapes her after school one day. I don't know if this is just way too much information, like too much is happening... So I need help. Help me?  

explode555

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:56 pm
explode555

So I'm writing a novel, and it's called Half Empty... It's about this girl who's twin sister gets hit by a car and dies. She falls in love with this guy named Jakob. Her father becomes an alcoholic and abuses her. She gets super depressed and starts cutting herself. And to top it all off her sister's (ex, I guess cos she's dead...) boyfriend rapes her after school one day. I don't know if this is just way too much information, like too much is happening... So I need help. Help me?
what I would suggest is taking things slow. Her sister gets hit by the car and doesn't die right away. She goes to visit her sister in the hospital every day and, the one day that she can't visit her, her sister dies. That should lead up to her meeting Jakob and her father becoming an alcoholic. Because of him abusing her, she gets depressed. Then slow it down more. Make things get better and make it seem like things can't get any worse THEN have him rape her. It's definately not too much if you do it just right.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:06 pm
Pup in Fluff
explode555

what I would suggest is taking things slow. Her sister gets hit by the car and doesn't die right away. She goes to visit her sister in the hospital every day and, the one day that she can't visit her, her sister dies. That should lead up to her meeting Jakob and her father becoming an alcoholic. Because of him abusing her, she gets depressed. Then slow it down more. Make things get better and make it seem like things can't get any worse THEN have him rape her. It's definately not too much if you do it just right.
But see I have the death all planed out... I'm just wondering if it's all too much for one book.... Yeah, I think he's going to rape her towards the end.  

explode555

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:17 pm
explode555
Pup in Fluff
explode555

But see I have the death all planed out... I'm just wondering if it's all too much for one book.... Yeah, I think he's going to rape her towards the end.
No...it's not too much. Of course, if you don't feel comfortable putting that much in a book, it might be a good idea to cut it in half and make a sequel...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:12 pm
Yay! This is good, because I'm always getting writer blocks. (minus my grammar and spelling mistakes) sweatdrop  

Cerebus05

Hot Wench

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:23 pm
Cerebus05
Yay! This is good, because I'm always getting writer blocks. (minus my grammar and spelling mistakes) sweatdrop
Writers blocks...a good cure for them is to listen to music. Also, I like to look at pictures of roses. Even go to google images and type in "Abstract" those pictures always give me some sort of ideas.  
The Writing on the Wall

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games