Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:12 am
Okay, so I've been wondering about my bayonet scabbard recently. It has this odd clip on top that I assume is to hang it off a pistol belt, but besides being slightly crushed I'm not sure how it's supposed to work.

User Image

User Image

Stock pictures, for those of you who have no idea what clip I'm talking about. That can't be just a hook, that's too prone to falling off and the .mil would know that. So what's the secret?

Also, on an unrelated note, this looks like an interesting concept I'd like to try, sans fugly hardkore pommel. I'd love to have one that still clips on the barrel, but has the knuckledusters on it too.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:54 pm
you are correct, it fits onto a pistol belt... not worth much in my opinion.  

Crash Maniac

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:03 pm
Crash Maniac
Does it just hook over the top, or...?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:19 pm
Fresnel
Crash Maniac

no, the belt itself has holes all through the sides and it hooks through the middle in 2 of the holes.  

Man of the Demoneye

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:38 pm
Man of the Demoneye
Fresnel
Crash Maniac

no, the belt itself has holes all through the sides and it hooks through the middle in 2 of the holes.
So it's completely useless on anything BUT a pistol belt? I mean, did the military think this one through at all...?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:58 pm
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye
Fresnel
Crash Maniac

So it's completely useless on anything BUT a pistol belt? I mean, did the military think this one through at all...?

Most likely not, as my canteen seems to not like staying on and the belt itself is...strange to say the least.

You could take an ice pick to an old belt and make two holes yourself. Or get one of those woven belts or unlimited adjustment, or whatever they are called if you have one. Might go try that now.  

Man of the Demoneye

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:03 pm
Man of the Demoneye
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye
Fresnel
Crash Maniac

Most likely not, as my canteen seems to not like staying on and the belt itself is...strange to say the least.

You could take an ice pick to an old belt and make two holes yourself. Or get one of those woven belts or unlimited adjustment, or whatever they are called if you have one. Might go try that now.
I have a couple of those belts, but I don't think it would fit there either. I'm probably just going to take the wire off and replace it with another kind of hanger.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:11 pm
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye
Fresnel
Crash Maniac

I have a couple of those belts, but I don't think it would fit there either. I'm probably just going to take the wire off and replace it with another kind of hanger.

I just tried it with a canteen and it works. A little tricky to get on, but it does work just as good as the belt it came with.  

Man of the Demoneye

Q&A (Are YOU using this?)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff