Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost. A WTF moment* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:53 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
I've never had to deal with the door-to-door types thankfully. Guess my area isn't big on proselytizing in general xd

lucky you! i got a flyer from them day before yesterday gonk shoved it right into the crack between the door and the frame. i thought about putting out a hex sign or a symbolic wreath but the neighborhood kids would probably destroy them. damn apartment kids. parents just don't seem to care about their children anymore. there was one little girl, probably about 4 years old, running around outside in a thunder shower yesterday with no shoes or coat and no supervision!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:02 pm
whiporwill-o
Violet Song jat Shariff
I've never had to deal with the door-to-door types thankfully. Guess my area isn't big on proselytizing in general xd

lucky you! i got a flyer from them day before yesterday gonk shoved it right into the crack between the door and the frame. i thought about putting out a hex sign or a symbolic wreath but the neighborhood kids would probably destroy them. damn apartment kids. parents just don't seem to care about their children anymore. there was one little girl, probably about 4 years old, running around outside in a thunder shower yesterday with no shoes or coat and no supervision!!!

Eh, that wouldn't bug me though; you can just throw it in the trash. You don't have to listen to anyone or explain to them why that faith didn't work out for you or anything xd

Ugh. Yea, apartment kids stare . We rent too, and the kids are like little wild beasties. Rollerblading out in front of cars and s**t.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

RubyLight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:29 pm
I've had a couple different door to door visitors.
The Mormons are polite, I don't have a problem with them.
The Jehova Witnesses piss me the hel off.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:05 pm
Last time a Mormon (or was it a Jehovah's Witness? I don't know, they all look the same to me) came to my door, I answered it with my tarot cards and pentacle in hand and said, "Hello, I'm in the middle of a satanic ritual right now. Can you come back later?" They haven't come back since XDXDXD  

Tari_Leralonde

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:24 pm
Tari_Leralonde
Last time a Mormon (or was it a Jehovah's Witness? I don't know, they all look the same to me) came to my door, I answered it with my tarot cards and pentacle in hand and said, "Hello, I'm in the middle of a satanic ritual right now. Can you come back later?" They haven't come back since XDXDXD

Yeah...I bet they found that just as funny as you did. Really. You don't need to be jerky to someone, when you can be mature and politely decline them.

Most missionaries going door to door are nice people, and courteous. I just tell them we're already a religious household, and they leave us alone. I've never had anyone come back using that approach.

But, then again, I'm in Canuckistan, and people aren't so wound up insane about religion here.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:56 pm
There's a Jehova's Wittness temple just down the road from the house I grew up in. We'd get visits almost weekly. We'd invite them in, offer some cookies and milk and let them talk. After that we wold inform them that we already served the same god and send them on their way. This was of corse when I was a kid before I realized that I didn't have to be of the same faith as my parents. If they come to my door now I'd likely do something similar.

And apartment kids. Yeah, we've got a buch of young teen boys at mine who are a bnch of little punks. LAst time they had a long break they kept pulling the fire alarm. They hassel the nesting geese and ducks and have been known to intentionaly knock nests out of bushes and trees. I've reported them for disrpting the peace several times. I'm jsut waiting for one of them to do something really stupid.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:32 pm
I kind of have to agree with Morg here. I mean, imagine how often those poor guys have people pull s**t like that on them? I know I'd have a hard time keeping my cool when someone thinks they're being "cute" or "original" with a crack about "satanic rituals" or similar.

Shearaha: D: Those little kids are jerks!!!
Wait til a goose attacks a few of them. Maybe then they'll get the hint. Geese are mean as Hel xp .
Can't they (or at least, their parents) get into legal trouble for pulling the fire alarms like that?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:48 pm
Most likely. Unfortunatly it kept getting blamed on this sweet little old woman who lives a few floors down. The complex ended up trying to make her move into an assisted living home before they found out it was this group. They just gave them a slap on the wrists type of warning. I don't know if the parents did anything. I'm also waiting for some of these eggs to hatch. Right now mom's not leaving that nest, but once they hatch twisted  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

KillerQueen Bash

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:06 pm
User Image
I believe in the separation of church and state, but I also believe that public schools should provide a general primer course on all religions; why people believe in them, how they were made, and how they affect the world today. I'm sure if people knew more about different religions (not just what their church and parents have told them), they would be a bit more respectful.
You know, in my school district's sex education unit, they're not allowed to talk about abortion, masturbation, or homosexuality because it offends Christians. Not talking about homosexuality offends me. A separation of church and state is the best thing for any country, but I believe that if people don't want to hear about it, they should leave the classroom. Or argue their beliefs. We have many theological discussions in my history class, and many of the students respect me more for it.

Credit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:29 am
i honestly never seen this episode coz i never personally liked this show. but i never kne that they said that about witches and now i kno why people hate witches. i am a witch and a wiccan and feel very strongly about this coz every one hates witches but says nothing about wiccans do they realize that they are the same thing!? its very infuriating and it bugs me alot. but i am not angry at u for posting this.  

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:49 am
xXOnYx MoOnXx
i honestly never seen this episode coz i never personally liked this show. but i never kne that they said that about witches and now i kno why people hate witches. i am a witch and a wiccan and feel very strongly about this coz every one hates witches but says nothing about wiccans do they realize that they are the same thing!? its very infuriating and it bugs me alot. but i am not angry at u for posting this.

1) You are not a Wiccan. Please stop speaking for Wicca as if you are.

2) All Wiccans are witches, but not all witches are Wiccan. The two terms are not synonymous, and cannot be used interchangably.
They are not the same thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:06 pm
xXOnYx MoOnXx
i never personally liked this show

You never liked Scooby Doo? Never?! Not even pre-Scrappy?!  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games