Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shonen-ai & Yaoi Poll World! +More!!!

Back to Guilds

Tags: shonen-ai, yaoi, poll, anime, manga 

Reply The Shonen-ai & Yaoi Poll World
What was your Gateway Anime/Manga?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can trust to be dishonest.Honestly.
  It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly stupid.
View Results

FOOLY-bloo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:26 pm
Gateway Anime/Manga. Similar to a Gateway Drug. It's the first anime/manga that really got you started on your path to loving anime/manga. Does not include a(n) anime/manga that you saw that did not get you interested in anime/manga. Like...I saw Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, and Pokemon when I was little, but it wasn't until I read Fruits Basket that I really got interested in anime/manga.

All of these dashes are making me nauseous...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:10 pm
Girlie Hero
Sailor Moon. I guess the only things that may separate me from the other 8 million is I saw it a year before it aired in US and Sailor Moon was also my Gateway yaoi.

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100

Squirrel Girl Makoto
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:37 pm
Girlie Hero
Girlie Hero
Sailor Moon. I guess the only things that may separate me from the other 8 million is I saw it a year before it aired in US and Sailor Moon was also my Gateway yaoi.

Lucky!! I wish I saw it before it aired here!!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:22 pm
ChiiruKun
Girlie Hero
Girlie Hero

Lucky!! I wish I saw it before it aired here!!

You didn't miss anything except for minor heart ache. It drove me nuts that Zosite was made into a girl in the dub. I'm not going to gloat, but I can be very immature, and that's me as a 22 year old. If I as a six/seven year old can maturely handle Zosite being a male and in love with another male, then every ******** body else could to scream

Ok. Got that out of my system ^^  

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100

NeoPrincessLunaris

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:59 am
Girlie Hero

You didn't miss anything except for minor heart ache. It drove me nuts that Zosite was made into a girl in the dub. I'm not going to gloat, but I can be very immature, and that's me as a 22 year old. If I as a six/seven year old can maturely handle Zosite being a male and in love with another male, then every ******** body else could to scream

Ok. Got that out of my system ^^

That made me mad too > . <
When I first watched Sailor Moon {In English} I knew there was something up with Zoisite~
'she' just didn't seem quite right~
It made so much more sense in Japanese with Zoisite as guy {Like he was supposed to be = __ =}
Anyway~Sailor Moon was my gateway Anime~
Inu-Yasha was my gateway Manga~
^ __ ^

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:02 am
Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z  

protecterofelements

Hagiri Kaname Sniper

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:36 pm
Well for was SAINT SEIYA and I love the couple Hyoga x Ikki & Aphrodite x Death Mask

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:11 pm
For me it was Fullmetal Alchemist.

KendasauRus

9,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Shinos_gurl

6,450 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:09 am
My gateway anime was Inuyasha, but my gateway manga was Naruto sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:10 pm
My gateway anime was Full Metal Alchemist, and for manga it was The Boys Next Door. =)  

Opalette

4,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

pnum-pnum

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:46 pm
G manga: Hana Kimi. First manga I ever read and still my personal favourite to this day. Ah, gender bender, you sexy genre you.

G anime: Naruto. Naruto will forever be my ganime. I'd watched a lot of shoujo before then (can anyone say Tokyo Mew Mew? sweatdrop ), but Naruto = my free time gone. It got me into shonen-ai (Naruto and Sasuke holding fingers...Sasuke staring at Naruto in the pouring rain inches from his face...Naruto hyperventilating and fainting thinking about Sasuke...I was brainwashed. It was beautiful.) and shonen-ai got me into yaoi. Okay actually Junjou Romantica and a lot of SasuNaru fanfiction got me into yaoi, but same thing.

OH NINJAS YOU WELL-TONED SEXCATS.

User Image  
The Shonen-ai & Yaoi Poll World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces