Horror films are...
  awesome!
  ok in small doses
  nasty!
View Results

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:20 am
I must admit I'm not a big fan, when it involves people anyway. usually I like my horror wrapped up in anotehr genre - like the violence in the Blade films, Sin City, Alien vs Predetor, The Terminator films (the good ones anyway :p) and stuff.

But does anyone like pure horror films?

I'm always morbidly interested in them, and I'll happily read horror (eg Steven King's Dreamcatcher etc) and even wikipedia all the gory deaths (haha), but I just can't watch them ><

There are some exceptions though. For example I love 'Hollow Man' (if only for the awesome anatomy shots as Kevein Bacon goes into and out of invisibility)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I also love the Shining

The 'Dreamcatcher' film , though i need to watch it again

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And, while I was forced to wtach it, I admit as far as horror films go I don't mind ghost ship if i'm in the mood for it. Though i hate the first scene, it upsets me >< lol

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I love my vampire films smile I can't stand Zombie films at all. They really freak me out, dunno why -haha I didn't even like Shaun of the Dead.

i'll happily write horror though. In fact i must admit some of the goreiest scenes are my favourites XD

...oh and I like war of the worlds...if that counts XD

So. What are your faves? do you ever compromise? Or do you just hate them?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:19 am
Oooh! Horror films?! I like them. I also prefer other genre's a lot more than people killing one another kind of horror film.
I like warewolves/vampires/ghosts and occasionally other things like the anaconda one or zombies. ^^

I love ghost horror but those always seem to give me nightmares most of the time. I had a hard time getting good sleep after going to the movies with a friend and watching "The exorcism of Emily Rose". o_o'

My favorite warewolf movie would have to be "Dog Soliders". I highly recommend it!!

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:08 pm
I've never seen dog soldier,s but I think one of my aprents was wtaching it once while i was wandering around. some guy with his guts out or something...0o
my dad's a big fan of horror. I never get why you woudl want to wtach soemthing that actively means you won't be able to get to sleep at night -haha  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:23 pm
Meh. I don't really care for horror. That's right, the werewolf doesn't like horror films.

I'd rather laugh when I watch a movie and most horror movies are only funny if they're bad (like the original Dawn of the Dead). It also doesn't help that I have a friend who is obsessed with zombies (so I've seen a ton of those). Also, I've seen "Stay Alive."

Seriously, guys. Stay Alive. Worst. Film. Ever. Okay, there are probably worse films so: Almost the Worst. Film. Ever.

Moonlight_HuangHou
My favorite warewolf movie would have to be "Dog Soliders". I highly recommend it!!

My zombie-obsessed friend told me about that movie. Of course, he then told me a huge spoiler without caring like he does with anything he's seen/read first.
Watchmen is another example of that. He actually said "I don't care." when I said "Way to spoil a major point of the plot."  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:03 pm
I like the shining because it's so bad it's good. i think if I were to watch any horror films they'd have to be at least 20 years old.
Cross-genres are an exception ~ like the sci-fi of hollowman,dreamcatcher&war of the worlds see :3

Like the 6th sense too, that's not really a horror film, but it's certainly scary.

I hate it when people reveal the plot. I dont' care usually (i let my sister gabble on at me about 'Twlight' for example), but some twists are so integral you can't reveal them.
[haha though with the last Harry Potter book i scoute dout the ending and then was like 'good it means I don't have to waste my life reading it.]

I just ordered the Watchmen graphic novel of amazon (along with 'preacher'). I wanted to see what the hype was about in it's proper form, plus i'm trying to read more western comics.
I love my manga, but I want to strike a balance :3  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:56 pm
Twilight?! As horror?! Nah! I couldn't classify that as horror (though it is with vampires. >_<")

Dog soliders was warewolf horror with a bit of humor in it. ^_^ (DT there was a part with someone's guts out. It was one of the soldiers b/c the werewolf hit him).
I have yet to see watchman actually...isn't that action?

For exorcism of emily rose movie....I had no idea what we were going to watch to be honest. >_< She said (my friend) it was a good movie (horror) but it wasn't that scary. She lied!!! At the end she said she thought it was more scary than the first Exorcism movie. Lovely. I never saw that one for sure....

@Dornkus
lol Werewolf doesn't like horror but prefers comedy?
Comedy is great though.
I would recommend Tyler P. Medea!!! It was hilarious! ^_^ (and good drama too but also funny)

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:11 pm
I've never been a horror fan. I've got an overactive imagination and they freak the hell out of me.

My friend is a huge horror fan and will make me watch them sometimes.
She's made me watch Silent Hill, Dead Silence, The Grudge, The Hitcher(more suspense than horror though), Cry Wolf, and I think one other that I can't recall.

Silent Hill was not too scary, a lot of gore. The twitchy nurses in the hallways under the hospital freaked me out. I don't like twitchy characters. Normal twitchy characters are kind of fun but undead ones that are trying to kill you, no fun for me.

Dead Silence; I didn't sleep that night. Ventriloquist dummies ripping people's tongues out? No. No fun for Siena.
Though I didn't scream the whole time until my friend sitting next to me screamed and startled me.

The Grudge actually scared me because where I normally sat when I watched I could see the pitch dark hallway from the corner of my eye and I kept envisioning the girl coming from that dark.

The Hitcher was not a bad movie actually, the suspense was a bit overdone but definitely got my heart racing. I doubt I'm ever picking up a hitchhiker after seeing that though.

I actually really liked Cry Wolf. It was like a big game of cat and mouse that goes too far in the end. It was a bit bloody at some parts but I'm a wimp when it comes to gore.

Since I haven't see many horror I thought I'd give my opinions on the ones I've seen.

A friend once sent me an anime movie Kakerembo(sp?) with the intention of scaring me but I thought it was really cool actually. Since I likely spelled it wrong it was shown on Adult Swim a while ago. It's all the kids playing "hide and seek" in the big city and they have to find the letters to get out alive. There's the one who's 'it' and sends demons out to find the kids.

I like movies that have some strategy to them. Ones that twist in the end(not like Shyamalan twists though)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:56 am
i dont really mind horror actuallly.. i love the tension and suspense more than the horror part biggrin horror is all rather predictable but the suspense is what makes me high(: maybe i shld watch a horror vid to chase away the monotonous:3 but one thing, I.CANT.STAND.GORE -.-  

Fate-J

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:03 am
I enjoy horror films....especially fantasy/sci-fi type such as AVP, Pitch Black, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Vampire Hunter D, Pet Shop of Horrors.....etc....  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:26 pm
Oooh Vampire Hunter D:bloodlust!
*dremay sigh*
I want to Mary Meir. If he won't then D will do :p

-ahem-

i saw the resident evil film. aside from the elevator bit at the beginning it wasn't scary at all >

dragontamer363
Crew

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:27 pm
I never liked them.
They're usually the same thing, but different settings and characters. Aliens, monsters, ghosts, murderers.

When I was a little kid, I watched the Halloween marathon Halloween night after I got home (I was about 6), and after seeing that, I always checked the doorway of my room because I was horrified that something might come out. I kept having nightmares, too, about Michael Meyers, until I was about 7. Lol.
Now, they don't freak me out. . . I just don't like watching them. The Resident Evil movie sucked, I was expecting more. The Friday the 13th, Halloween, and Freddy Krueger (don't know what movies, I forget... isn't it Nightmare on Elm Street or something like that?) series all are lame to me. I mean, seriously. Jason and Michael Meyers walk to murder people. Somehow, the person can drive several miles, and they'll be right there. Also, how can they not die!? I mean, in Halloween, Michael got shot (freakin' billions of times!!) and was in a fire several times. Yet, look at him, he's alright and just was in his 500,135,035th movie a while ago.
I especially hated the Friday the 13th/Nightmare on Elm Street crossover- Freddy vs. Jason. It sucked. Especially the end. When Jason was... (highlight if you don't wanna hear about it, lol)
When Jason was holding Freddy's head at the end after winning, and it closed up to Freddy's head and he opened his eyes and did this lame little wink.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games