Reply *~Purple Moonlight Haze~*
Barack, you son of a-

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What was Barack thinking?
  i ttly dnt no
  I don't know what he was thinking, but I'm thinking Arby's.
  Arby's is what he was thinking.
View Results

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:03 pm
!!

Did anyone hear about this?
Barack Obama wants to make school days longer! This is outrageous!
I'll be pissed if he does. School days are good enough, lasting 6-7 hours and and extra hour riding the bus and walking my little sister home...

I don't feel like typing now...

If you haven't heard of this, well there you go.

How do you feel about this?
Do you want him to raise the hours in school, or keep them the same?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:51 pm
I feel they should be kept the same.

It's not that important to me really, I'm graduating this year. They were talking about changing the school week to 4 days instead of 5 though. Longer school days, but fewer.

Flyentologist

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:00 pm
I'd rather want five normal school days than four super long ones. We'd have to go, like, an extra hour and a half each day, and that'd suck! (To me, at least.)

Anyways, you're lucky. Along with all the others who are out of school or graduating this year. I still have three years and one quarter left of school. gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:43 pm
I'd actually prefer less days for more hours, as long as that doesn't mean i'd have to wake up earlier. my school days always fly by fairly quickly, so if it's less days in the week that would be perfect for me. smile  

Shondell6
Vice Captain

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:52 pm
If I was still in high school or lower I would want them to keep it the same.....but I'm in college so it has no effect on me (1 & 1/2 more years to go...).  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:09 pm
If they did do that it would mean less days as Goldman already said.

As long as they add that hour to the end so I don't have to wake up any earlier I wouldn't mind making the day an hour longer but skipping either Monday or Friday. Weekends just aren't coming soon enough lately. Too much stuff going on.

That would mean less time to do homework and relax after school though.
I already spend my weeks doing almost nothing though so it wouldn't affect me much. I don't think it'd go into effect by next year anyway so it wouldn't concern me since I'm a junior now so I've only got about a year and a quarter left.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:48 am
Yeah, but what would be the point?
That'd be one extra day off, yeah, but what about the parents of younger children? They'd have to make their child stay home alone while they're at work.

How would he change that? Suggest every parent that works in America to get a babysitter? Yeah right.

If he changes this, I'd have to watch my little sister all day that day, instead of just about three hours a day.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:40 pm
I was reading about that the other day. Apparently it's an attempt to allow American children to be as smart as those in other nations.

me no know wut obama taklin bout me many smrt

I'm out of the public school system, so it makes no difference to me. I don't think longer school hours will help that much, though.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:33 pm
Well, you're lucky. You and all others who are out of school.

If he does make the hours longer, it'll make me (and I'm pretty damn sure a lot of other people) not want to attend school as much.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:46 pm
well I'm on college right now .. so 1 year left for me till graduation.. yey! razz  

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:26 am
Death Shikaku
Yeah, but what would be the point?
That'd be one extra day off, yeah, but what about the parents of younger children? They'd have to make their child stay home alone while they're at work.

How would he change that? Suggest every parent that works in America to get a babysitter? Yeah right.

If he changes this, I'd have to watch my little sister all day that day, instead of just about three hours a day.

Though you would have to leave a child alone one day, if a child got out at 3 rather than 2 then that's an hour less the parent has to worry.

If they change the school system then it's not far a far reach for them to change friday into an official day of the weekend so parents that work 9-5 possibly wouldn't have to work that day.

Though if you've got a parent with unpredictable hours than you're screwed whether they change the schedule or not.

I doubt they'll change it in the near future anyway. Atleast not before you graduate Shikaku. It'd be a gradual change, they'd probably make some pilot schools first to test it to see if it works. That'll take a year or two atleast. Then they'll have to analyze everything and that could take a while too.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:48 am
I've been out of highschool so I don't have to worry about that thankfully. ^^ But it would have been nice if I was in school...I think. ^^"

But I see your point with that maybe being a problem for some parents who have to hire a babysitter.
Over at work we requested that we have longer hours and sat/sun and one day like fri or monday off. I have yet to hear about it except that they were thinking about it. (It's been a few months now. It's maybe something just sitting there for them.... >_<)

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:08 am
Moonlight_HuangHou
I've been out of highschool so I don't have to worry about that thankfully. ^^ But it would have been nice if I was in school...I think. ^^"

But I see your point with that maybe being a problem for some parents who have to hire a babysitter.
Over at work we requested that we have longer hours and sat/sun and one day like fri or monday off. I have yet to hear about it except that they were thinking about it. (It's been a few months now. It's maybe something just sitting there for them.... >_<)

^_^ wish you luck on that matter.. i would like that too.. ^_^  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff