Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Loom Knitting

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tangled Puppet

Sarcastic Demigod

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:28 pm
Does anyone else in this guild do their knitting this way?

I always found the concept of using the needles to knit as a kind of...impossible task for me. I don't know why I thought like that though. So the day I saw these looms at walmart, I just had to have them.

I'm still rather new to them as I've only been at it for a little over a month (and haven't had too much time to practice). However, I'm making things that I thought I could never make in my life (scarves, hats...I'm even working on a stuffed bear). So I'm loving these looms very much so.

There's one thing I'd love to learn to do with them but can't seem to find a tut online to tell me how to do so. Buttonholes. Darn things elude me and I don't even have a small clue as to how I'd go about doing them. D:

Anyway, I'm new to this guild (I actually haven't even been accepted yet but shhh) and figured this would be a good first post. So hi thar! I'm Tang and I loom knit. xP  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:46 pm
My mom got me a set of these a few years back for Christmas. I have fiddled around with it a little and was making a hat, but my cat got ahold of the yarn and chewed through the yarn connecting the ball to the loom... sweatdrop I like them though...  

the_pink_ladies

Shy Shapeshifter

Tangled Puppet

Sarcastic Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:06 am
That sucks. D: I'm glad my cat doesn't bother my skeins of yarn. She just plays with random pieces of yarn that have gotten away from me before I've had a chance to throw them away.

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I'm bad at keeping up with guild topics sometimes. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:03 pm
I have a set. I started on hat and scarf on those... but they were abandoned. I've found I like hand knitting more, although spool knitting sometimes comes in handy.  

Jennivieve

Peaceful Nerd

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces