Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
You...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Swell Sundae

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:38 am
It is spelt "y-o-u". "Y-O-U", DAMMIT! scream

+++Now, we all are familiar with the masses typing out "you" as "u". To be honest, I could care less if they spelt it as "u", seeing how I have experience in online gaming and such (where there is a constricted time frame to ask someone to heal you before you are wiped out) but to spell it any other way besides those two that I listed is utterly obnoxious. And I've found out that spelling it this way below pretty much killed off over half of my brain cells the first time I saw it. (Not read, SAW it. That's why this post is so long, so it prepares you for the death you will see before your eyes.)

"YHU."

+++This word was spoken by a new friend I had made on Gaia just a few weeks ago. They claim to be an honor student with perfect grades and in all the right classes. neutral Bullshit, I say, BULLSHIT.

+++Now, before I rat out my brains upon this, could someone tell me how on earth this disgusting variation of a commonly used word in the English language is allowed? Or worse, why this so-called honors friend of mine thinks it is acceptable? neutral Or speak of any other variations of the word, if any.

I'm going to go get some macaroni and cheese now with some juice in a glass now, so care to join me? cheese_whine

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:44 am
gonk

That is terrible. How'd they manage to put an "H" in the word "you" for crying out loud? Wow, just wow. I shouldn't have looked.  

Winter Nightroad

Newbie Entrepreneur

Natsuri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:57 pm
Swell Sundae
I'm going to go get some macaroni and cheese now with some juice in a glass now, so care to join me? cheese_whine

::looks at the word, unfazed:: Isn't that new? If, by "new", I mean "another way to rape all the words we came to know and love to the point of utter ********", I'd say so.

::brings out the macaroni pasta smothered in Ragu sauce that his sister made the other day, and mixes a Screwdriver:: I thought you'd never ask...nothing like alcohol to wash all that away. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:43 pm
Angel of Promises
gonk

That is terrible. How'd they manage to put an "H" in the word "you" for crying out loud? Wow, just wow. I shouldn't have looked.

User Image
+++I haven't gotten enough courage to ask them that yet, but I think it's a disease... just the other day, while I was gathering information for a lab I slipped up upon, I noticed that the person I was seething information off of had also spelt the word "you" in the same variation. What strikes this weird is that this person never goes online.

If I'm lucky, there's still time to find the cure. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. At least for her. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And I warned you beforehand on why the post was so long. (Just not long enough. Not everyone has a fast internet connection. sweatdrop )

Natsuri
::looks at the word, unfazed:: Isn't that new? If, by "new", I mean "another way to rape all the words we came to know and love to the point of utter ********", I'd say so.

::brings out the macaroni pasta smothered in Ragu sauce that his sister made the other day, and mixes a Screwdriver:: I thought you'd never ask...nothing like alcohol to wash all that away. biggrin
User Image

+++I don't think all the alcohol in the world can help me out at this point, knowing how fast this is spreading. Imagine seeing the word "word" spelt in a different variation over 10 times on a wall. eek

It's alot worse then seeing the word "gangster" spelt in 10 different variations. (Which I refuse to type out right now, in fear of killing your sight even more. sweatdrop )

And that macaroni pasta with Ragu sauce sounds delish! heart

Swell Sundae

Psychotic Daizy Dukes

O.G. Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:42 am

VODKA. Where is my vodka when I need it?

Ugh.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:38 pm
I just died.  

Xx_IwIshIwasafIsh_xX

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out